Dual drains - converge to one or keep seperate?

dedfish

That's Mr.Murphy to you!
I have two 1 inch drains in a single center overflow. I did this for redundancy. I will only be pushing 400-500 gph through the overflow so each drain should be able to keep up even if the other is completely blocked. If you were plumbing this would you keep each drain line seperate all the way to the sump, or would you converge the two 1 inch line to a single 1 1/2" or 2"?

Opinions wanted.

Thanks!

We kept ours seperate and the little one runs full and the big one trickles. I'll probably use one to go into the fuge.

should be able to keep up even if the other is completely blocked.
If they converge then that kind of defeats the purpose of this right? What if it gets blocked after the merge site? I would keep them separate and like Flighty said if you ever want to tee off for whatever reason it will prolly be easier. So I vote for separate:D

im going to use a 40breeder for refuge im going to have the same set up you have and since its not going to be rr im going to run 2 1inch lines seperate all the way its better than having water on the floor (been there did that dont want to ever again)

Back