Emergency tank power suggestions for YOU !!!

Heck if you had a really really big tank. You could get some AC adapters and just have two trolling motors on either side as your permanent powerheads. That would be a sight to see

B6A65BCA-97A2-4BCA-BCB4-D9723E90E9E4.png

I love it!!!! Honey.. grab me a beer im mixing my reef tank!!
Cil- this trolling did have oil I'm sure. I probably should have oiled it at some point. I've been running this thing for 10 years and havnt done anything other than curting away tangled line from the prop. If there is such thing as a reef safe trolling motor?? I have it! I mean.. in a massive system.. how much for efficient could you get? 40lb thrust for a hundred bucks.. can't even get a decent powehead for that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

My numbers could be off . But my heater does work with the inverter . And even if it is only 12 hours . I'd be happy with that too .

My numbers could be off . But my heater does work with the inverter . And even if it is only 12 hours . I'd be happy with that too .

Lets see if this works out better say you have a battery that has a 100 amp hour rating and running approximately 300 watts draw at 1.3 or 1.6 amps . should be about 31 hours ? given only draining battery about 50 % so 2 batteries should double that right ?

You're not thinking about ac to dc conversion

300 watts draw at 1.3 or 1.6 am

300watts from the wall is 300÷120 which is 2.5.
BUT
300watts off a 12v battery is 300÷12 which is 25amps

This is the amperage you need to use when calculating what can run off the battery

your math seems ok, where it gets fuzzy is the loss in efficiency on motor loads and the inverter . And also the temperature of the batteries make a difference, if you did actual battery calcs they’d be rough at best

Right on. It was suggested that one should add about 10% for the efficiency loss.

I have a jebao dc6000 return pump. If I picked up a icecap battery backup do you think I could jump 2 12 volt deep cycle or gel battery's that way the fuge would also be saved

If I picked up a icecap battery backup do you think I could jump 2 12 volt deep cycle or gel battery's

No...

Just run that pump off the battery backup. It is a dc pump. It will run for many hours (more than 10 most likely) I just don't know the wattage nor size of battery in the icecap.

Just follow the instructions on the battery backup because you can't simply plug the wall plug into it.

Last edited:
You're not thinking about ac to dc conversion

300watts from the wall is 300÷120 which is 2.5.
BUT
300watts off a 12v battery is 300÷12 which is 25amps

This is the amperage you need to use when calculating what can run off the battery
Thats right I forgot to divide the watts by 12 volts

I don't know the amp hours but I'm pretty sure there 24 volts

It's a 12v vrla agm battery.

As far as your daisy chain solution, you could open it and buy another battery that is identical to what's in it but you'll void the warranty ect. You could just buy a 2nd icecap and daisy chain the way they suggest in the msnual. They are only 100 bucks

Anyone using any dc pump can run said pump for much longer than any ac pump. The ceavat is the battery MUST come in after the ac adapter. Icecap does this by providing a Y adapter that runs to the controller. Than both the battery and ac adapter hook to the y part and the pump controller to the single. The transfer switch will "see" the outage and send battery power to the unit.

It's important to note that this will not provide the throttle back feature to 30% that ecotech does. Other pumps may but I'm not sure.

The other thing I don't understand is when running with a controller it would seem the controllers feed stop feature wouldn't function. You would think Controller company's would encorperate a battery backpack with minimum life support features

The other thing I don't understand is when running with a controller it would seem the controllers feed stop feature wouldn't function. You would think Controller company's would encorperate a battery backpack with minimum life support features
I'm not sure what you're saying it's doing and when

Back