Encrusting monti, Hey Bec do you have this one?

Bec Awesome!! I always love the pics of your corals. Glad you got it goin on!

Nice monti by the way. :)

Nice Bec! That's the same coral alright. Nice pics! Lam I'll try and get some macro's of that one. You know Bec, I almost forgot, the whole point to this thread was that I was hoping to have finaly picked up a coral you didn't already have! Guess I'll have to keep trying :D

That last pic I posted was as close as my macro setting will let me get to it. I'll move the coral closer to the front and take some shots of later.

Nice try Darren!

While you're out looking to out-score me :) I'll snap a few recent shots of some of the interesting (to me) monti's I've got. I couldn't sell (or even GIVE) these corals away last year and the year before. No one was interested in encrusting montis (try a search on the Boston RC boards where I was waxing about how cool they are - to practically ZERO response). Whatever... I think they're great. They make the live rock really come alive.

Anyway... I'm happy to share the enthusiasm with you few guys. Let me get my camera and see... some of them are in awkward positions and hard to capture, but I'll do my best.

b

Keep the pics coming. I have 3 different encrusting monti's right now and I found a hookup to the blue with red polyp "danea". I'm very curious to see what else you've got.
There's a thread on the sps forum at RC with nothing but encrusting monti's but there's nothing I haven't seen before....alot of pics of the blue with red danea and another that looks the same but the polyps are red, orange, and yellow. There calling it the Rainbow danea. I'm curious to see if the multicolored polyps will just all turn red

I did a quick search. I remember seeing this coral in the sps keeper's forum.

Is it screaming blue like this?

Attachments

• cherry1.jpg
    cherry1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
That's the blue, Lam. I moved it closer to the front of the tank today, um it's 2am so I moved it yesterday. I'll try some more pics later today, tomorrow depending on how you want to look at it. Any way you look at it there will be a period of sleep before I do anything.

Tstone said:
Lam is that encrusting or plating? Nice coral.

Hey Marvin, I see what you mean. It's supposed to be an encrusting species, but you'd think differently with the growth in that picture.

Back