Finally....a new tank

TomD

Non-member
My son woke me up at 4am on my day off so it was a perfect time to setup my new tank. For an all in one I have to say the Red Sea is worth the money and is by far the best all in one system I have ever owned. I went with the 45 e series. Great quality and I plan on adding the sump eventually. I seeded the tank with a couple nice pieces of LR and went with Marco rock and sand. I will say it took me a lot longer than I thought to setup the tank right, get it filled, rockscaped, etc. I try to keep it simple so went with a reefkeeper light just for temp control since the leds can be programmed from your phone. Pics to come!

Living Room2.jpg

May seem fast but I used a lot of established LR. No ammonia so I have my clown pair, an acan, a baby blue maxima, and a few cap pieces. Just to be safe I am doing 50% water changes over the next few weeks, weekly. I had to put it near a window and its the only area not on hardwood, it is on a marble floor. With the blinds closed not much light comes in (Had to listen to my wife complain about this for a while lol). My house was built in 1905 so I leveled it yesterday using black plastic composite shims. I am excited to add the sump so I can have an auto top and a better skimmer.

That is all I will be adding for about a month besides slowly adding a cleanup crew. I am starting to get the dreaded first algae bloom with some light diatoms. I really wanted a bigger tank but as you can see not much room left in my living room!

Back