Fish suggestions please

MarkSzy

BRS Member
I’m looking for fish suggestions on fish that will stick closer to the rocks without making a crazy sand mess. I have a 200g display and tons of rock for hiding. I don’t have any corals now but plan on having mostly softies and LPS. I always loved my bicolor blenny but haven’t seen one in awhile.

My current fish list is:
2 Picasso clowns
1 purple dottyback
1 yellow belly hippo tang
1 Scopas tang
1 blonde Naso tang
1 lyretail anthia, female
2 green Chromis
2 Banggai cardinal fish

Mandarin goby is one of my favorite. I have a midas blenny that is always in the rock work.

Mandarin goby is one of my favorite. I have a midas blenny that is always in the rock work.
When my tank is established enough I have always wanted a mandarin and it is on my list, I should have mentioned my tank is only 3 months old. That Midas blenny does look interesting though, thanks

A pair of shrimp gobies. A couple Royal gramma, but I don’t know about the compatibly of the grammas with your existing fish.

7FFEE93A-0B67-4A8F-A4C7-3C2D6D2DEF3A.jpeg

I was worried about my shrimp and crabs with hawks, I have two Emerald crabs and a cleaner shrimp. Have you had any issues?
Just a suggestion, I don’t have one but will soon. I also have shrimp and crabs. I know it’s a risk but they have so much personality. I’m looking for a small Hawkfish.

My friend recommended me the golden assessor before for it’s upside down swimming behaviour around rockwork. I personally haven’t kept one yet but it came to mind for fish around rockwork. Happy reefing and good luck with your fish search!

The purple dottyback will likely go for Randall's pistol shrimp if you opt for the shrimp/goby route.

I had great luck with the yellow assessor that @luu78 mentioned. It's a small but beautiful fish. Not very in your face. A bit cryptic. A "oh look, the yellow assessor is out today" sort of fish, if that makes sense.

Geometric pigmy hawkfish
Blue striped pipefish
I have both in my 180 gallon reef. They stay in the rock and are a little shy, but always come out to feed.

Back