Fishroom Thread

sciknen

$20.00 PEOPLE, COME ON.
i was hoping people with fishroom could post pictures here.Maybe even talk about their set up a little bit.

I know for me a fishroom is a dream

Yeah, when I get my own house after I am done with high school and college, I think I will have more fish tank than house...

Here's a picture of mine,Steve.I've had this for about 14 months.I set it up back when I had a 55 gallon.I've replace the refugium with a 20L and the light with a 65 watt florescent spotlight.That hokey looking water container is how I drip kalkwasser on occasion at night.
Just plumbed an auto top-off over the weekend.I think this summer might be a good time to hook up some kind of exhaust fan.Humidity isn't all that bad in winter,but it gets pretty sticky down there in the summer.

bpfan64,

Yup,when your house becomes life support for a fish tank.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 04-28-08_ref1.jpg
    04-28-08_ref1.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 445
Last edited:
Yes,the 90 gallon sits directly above this room in the living room.
It definitely makes water changes simple and keeps water off the LR floor.But having all the pumps,skimmer...ect..ect all down in the basement makes for a really quiet tank upstairs.All my test stuff,additives are downstairs as well.

If you ever want to see an insane looking fish room go Liam has a really nice one... When Kim saw it she ok'ed a future fish room as long as it's as nice as his :p

Liam is one crafty fellow. ;) I haven't seen his in person yet, but I'm sure it's one of the nicest/tidiest/well set up fish rooms out there. I'd post pics of mine, but it's about as ghetto as it gets for fish rooms.

Does this count?

Attachments

• fish room.jpg
    fish room.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 382
  • fist room 2.jpg
    fist room 2.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 385
Last edited by a moderator:
Our humble :. room. I still need to run some plumbing around the walls so that I can just pump the water down the sewer drain without dragging out tubing every time.
P1030120.jpg

Barry I love how you have an awesome fish room and such a small little tank :p You need to upgrade!!! lol...

By the way it is a really sweet fish room I wasn't joking about that part...

I present to you, the Swiss Family Robinson tree house sump :D

29030064.jpg

We have a second kitchen in our basement which I use for my fish room/work shop.

16112418.jpg

Back