Flatworm?

cfd65

Non-member
Are these flatworms on the glass? They appear almost see through..have a few colonies of zoas that have been closed up the last 2 weeks and haven't been able to see anything on them but noticed these today on the glass in my overflow.

Attachments

• 20191022_135258.jpg
    20191022_135258.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 246
Defiantly flatworms.

Don't you hate that feeling when you see something undesirable, and then realize they are everywhere.

If you haven't already, read up on ways of dealing with FW's before hitting the tank with FW exit. FW exit can be a great tool, but when you have a lot of them and a lot die all at once you can run into some pretty nasty toxicity issues.

Well lucky me...Going to do the flatworm exit I've already had it sitting on the shelf and have tomorrow off so I can do it without interuptions... just finished making up new water for a water change question is after I start the new carbon how long should I run it through before changing it out.

I went through Flatworms about a year ago (180 gallon). With Flatworm exit, I found water circulation is key to lessen the need for a 2nd or 3rd treatment. On the 3rd go, basically dragged every old power head I owned and ran them in the tank along with regular flow, and that more or less put an end to them.

I dosed the flatworm exit have about a total of 100 gallons of water used 80 drops sat back and watched.. I did not see the reaction I was expecting never seen any movement in rocks sand or corals.. after about half an hour noticed some floating in the water column and my green chromis and 6 line would eat them.. after 45 minutes put in another 40 drops with a little more success but it was not like the "snow storm" affect I've seen on you tube videos... did a water change ran carbon gonna do a repeat in a few days. Side note everything else fish and coral look good brittle starfish are dazed never realized how many were actually in there... should I double up the dose on the repeat

Back