fluconazole for algae control question

fluidfarms

Non-member
I have a tank with lps- mostly hammers and an elegance coral. I have bryopsis or maybe hair algae. I think its bryopsis. I've read that its not effective against hair algae? just works on bryopsis.
Does anyone have any experience with this treatment method? did anyone loose any corals when treating it?

I’ve used it to fight bubble algae at 8x the recommended dose without any losses. However have heard of people having major issues at recommended level. It destroyed all algae from my tank, even hair algae. Remember to take out cheato or any macros you have and check no3 and p04 regularly in case they spike. All could also creep up depending on how upset your corals get.

Used it at the recommended dose for bryopsis (maybe slightly higher) and had no issues except it did kill my Chaeto (expected, just didn’t pull it out). Corals has no issue with the dosage, but I did have a slight Dino outbreak afterwards that I did a three day blackout to get rid of. Not sure if that’s typical of the product or I had something else going on, but it worked for me.

I have an sps tank and just did the fluconazole treatment.(reeflux)..no damage to anything...it was a life saver...I remove carbon for 3 weeks and don't skim for first 5 days...after 3 weeks do a large water change. Bryopsis gone....noticed change 3 days into treatment, but let it go the full 3 weeks

Back