Food safe drums

Ifferfish

Obsessed
I am wondering if anyone out there in reef land has any 55g food safe drums for RODI water to be stored in. I am looking for 2 of them. Iffer :)

If you cannot find one, HD sells a 43 gallon rubbermaid brute trash barrel. you can even get a caster setup for it. I have 2 of them.

Last edited:
Appreciate that, but we are looking to add these into our RO/DI set-up.
Got a place local to me that sells them for 60.00 I believe for a 55..It's what I use!!

Attachments

• MVC-020S.JPG
    MVC-020S.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 239
Holy smokes Aquaman68,you need a few more stages there.
Is that the "honeydo"list taped to the top one?lol
Sorry.Buwahahahahaha
There's a place here local in Central MA. that uses them and tosses them afterwoods.
But they come with a really strong sweetener in them.

Sorry.Buwahahahahaha
There's a place here local in Central MA. that uses them and tosses them afterwoods.

No those are TDS readings & also when filters are swapped out!!!!

Those are two 60gpd membranes piggybacked..Does 120gpd!! & the membranes last forever this way!!!! (well.......not really but they last three times as long)

Last edited:
Sorry.Buwahahahahaha

Where is the place in Central MA. you're talking about? I'm sure they could be cleaned. I'd be willing to borrow a truck and pick up 5 or 6 of them for this side of the state.

Polar beverages? The ones I got form before had syrup in them too, and a good bleaching, followed by a rinse and dry resolved that. I'm interested too.....

Verifine in Littleton used to give them away if you were local or charge $10 if they did not know you. Since they were bought out by Kraft, they no longer will even sell them to you. The brew your own beer place (across from BJ's Wholesale Club) in Nashua was selling them about a year ago. The one that I got from them had a sugar syrup in it.

used ones on 28 in wareham but they say not food grade....(but they had syrup in them as well) I won't take the risk personally for the little money saved & the risk of all the money spent on livestock!!!

A while back, I was told about an older woman that lived on Rt. 4 in Northwood NH that had tons of those barrels available. I took a ride up with my wife, and bought 1 55 gallon drum and a 35 gallon drum. They were from Coca-cola, and the wreaked of Coke and Sprite.

They were all over her front yard and more in the back yard.

Do we have anyone that's near Northwood in the ranks that can run a recon mission ?

The small drum was $25 and the large one was $35.

If she is still there, you can't miss the house.

Brianmac was telling me that he called the Coca Cola plant in Needham and they gave him a few. Much closer :D

Eric

A while back, I was told about an older woman that lived on Rt. 4 in Northwood NH that had tons of those barrels available. I took a ride up with my wife, and bought 1 55 gallon drum and a 35 gallon drum. They were from Coca-cola, and the wreaked of Coke and Sprite.

They were all over her front yard and more in the back yard.

Do we have anyone that's near Northwood in the ranks that can run a recon mission ?

The small drum was $25 and the large one was $35.

If she is still there, you can't miss the house.

That's not too far from us. I know exactly who you mean. Maybe we'll take a little jaunt over there on Saturday.

Polar beverages? The ones I got form before had syrup in them too, and a good bleaching, followed by a rinse and dry resolved that. I'm interested too.....

Wow,you guessed that one right away.
I have a relative that works there.
They come in like 55 and looks like 35 gallon.
Threaded end caps and all,blue or white.
I think the white has detergent.

Back