frag tank build. need help!!!

jenreef

Non-member
ok i am building a frag tank under my 55 gallon tank. i would like to know what thickness of glass should i use to make this tank. the dimentions are going to be 24" long, 10" wide, 15" high. i am going to drill it so it can have its own sump(5 gallon) that will be right next to it, it will hold a deep sand bed and live rock. over the frag tank will be a t5 tek light. i would like to know if i need to use a curculating pump. does any body know around how many gallon this frag tank will be( not includeing the 5 gallon). any suggestions will be great thanks. i am planing to tie it to my main tank. i would like to get sugestions on what type of over flow and return pump, i was thinking of getting a mag drive 5 310 gph at 4' and get a continous siphon overflow 300 gph. would that work? how would i put the tanks, i would like to keep them all in one(tank, refuge(5gallon), frag tank).

I don't undersatnd what you are trying to do, but
1 gallon = 231 cubic inches
so 24x10x15=3600 cubic inches
3600/231=15.58 Gallons

Edit: well I understand I just don't know if you want the 5 gal as part of the 24x10x15

Last edited:
ok now my question is, what type of over flow and return pump, i was thinking of getting a mag drive 5 310 gph at 4' and get a continous siphon overflow 300 gph. would that work? how would i put the tanks, i would like to keep them all in one(tank, refuge(5gallon), frag tank)?

Back