Fragging frogspawn

jktest

Non-member
I have a non branching frogspawn that my clowns hosted in. Killed off half of the colony. I moved the colony and covered it, the clowns then went to the bta. It's been about 6 month and the colony has grown back almost completly . I did notice little buds on the dead part and over the past month they have started to grow out. Can I just cut them away from the skeleton? There are about 12 of these buds. There is one that is already starting to expand.

I'm not sure about fragging the encrusting(?) hammers. I've heard you can break off a "ridge" of skeleton from Scott M. but that they must remain in the same tank until it 'heals'. This is all very ascientific. I'm not sure how to tell. I'd be curious to find out more.

Eventually the buds will drop and fall. Not sure if they can be cut before that but as long as you don't cut the flesh you should be OK.

I am going to give the roto zip a try this week. There are about 3-4 the size of the one on the right. I will bring one over to you if I am successful. I'll let you know how it goes.

Last edited:
In the first pic, if you look to the left of the new growth you can see to more new ones starting. They are green when they first bud.

I agree with Armando:

> as long as you don't cut the flesh you should be OK.<

Back