Fug. light when snap,crackle....pop

stingythingy45

BRS Member
If I don't have things adjusted right on my 3 ball valves, every once in a while water will intermitently spray out of the reverse durso on the fug.
Well for some reason this Lights of America fixture(that I got for free from my father) didn't have a gasket under the lens.Could be because he taped up the daylight sensor.:rolleyes:
Anyways,water got in under the lens and I tried to tip the light to get it to run out.Welp....it didn't survive the attempt.Kinda sucks cause it was a freebie.:(
I'm going with a spot light next.That way I can mount it high.

Last edited:
Any ideas on something like a spotlight that I can pick up at the Depot tomorrow?
How about the clip on work lights with a 6500K spotlight?

i use a clipon work light w/ a compact flourescent. salt residue and splashing water wont harm it.... just dont go getting water inside the socket.

Compact flouresent?
Like the ones that look like a spotlight but you can see the coil in there?

the light itself is a coil.
images

It was one of those days.
You have a crappy day at work,come home to do the hobby yah luv and bang.......now you're in need of something else.I'm sure everybody in this hobby has those days.

Yup indeed BOB, just read the flooding thread. Guess what I am doing to night.
Sorry about the light. They do sell a nice 6500k flourescent spotlight at the depot. It is like 8 bucks. It does not need a reflector.

Cool,I'll be off to H.D. tomorrow to get one.
90 watt will do it Barry?
The cheato was growing like bad with this last lighting set up.

Yup indeed BOB, just read the flooding thread. Guess what I am doing to night.
Sorry about the light. They do sell a nice 6500k flourescent spotlight at the depot. It is like 8 bucks. It does not need a reflector.

Well,I'll have to go read that,Jennifer.
My only flood was the ro/di left on about 20 minutes too long.I'll be in the lighting section at H.D. tomorrow after work.

home depot or is it lowes? they carry the standard spiral in a 100watt equivalent 27 watts its the daylight 6500k its only like 8 bucks

Cool,

I'm going to get that changed out tomorrow.
I like using 6500k for titration test also.
I think the light is a more pure white and shows changes in color better...any thoughts?

Yup they do those are the ones I am talking about. 6500k

Cool, last time I looked I couldn't find them there.

Did you see the 51K bulbs marc shows in the link. Sounds like those are the best bet, but a lot harder to find.

I did not John but then I was never looking for the 51k ones. I have been using the 65k bulbs for over a year with great success.

Back