Gardiner's Elos Mini Build

Gardiner

The Reef Farmer
It's finally build time!! I bought an Elos Mini back in November. It has been sitting in storage until my new office was finished. Well we moved in Monday so the torture is almost over.......

My plan is to do a chalice and fish tank.

Equipment
-20g Elos Mini
-AI Nano
-MP10
-Apex Jr.

tank1.jpg

I really planned everything during construction. I even had them run RG6 for the Apex's data, and 1/4" tubing. There is a storage room behind my office I can put an RO unit in.

plugs.jpg

office1.jpg

Thanks everybody.

I decided to go with black sand for better color contrast. The only issue with that is the sand is magnetic so mag-scrapers are a no-no.
I epoxied some extra Marco rock I had into a cave. Love that stuff.

For live stock I added a pair of Picasso Clowns and a Yasha Goby with a candy cane shrimp. They are still in hiding.

Can anybody recommend any other good fish for a nano? I've been thinking about a Clown Goby.

0531121-277S.jpg

photo 4 (1).JPG

photo (8).JPG

i like the rainfords goby and panda goby. unique always has a good selection of small fish and gobies for nano tanks. maybe time for a road trip!

Some people argue that there isnt enough swimming room, but if you have enough flow, light, and one of those magnetic water conditioners, i think you could put one of these in there:

339402846_9Aa77-M-2.jpg

Some people argue that there isnt enough swimming room, but if you have enough flow, light, and one of those magnetic water conditioners, i think you could put one of these in there:

Only if I can get a sea turtle too.

i like the rainfords goby and panda goby. unique always has a good selection of small fish and gobies for nano tanks. maybe time for a road trip!

Cool fish, but they seem like they take expert care. I like just popping in some pellets and leaving. Do you have any experience with them?

Anybody that is in the area is welcome to stop by and check it out. I work at Saccucci Honda in Middletown, RI. Just ask for Gardiner. Great way to kill time during an oil change or even buy a car. ;)

I added a Rose Bubbletip, and some more corals. If I could only get the clowns to host I would be all set.

photo.jpg

Beautiful. I was talking to Ben yesterday, and he had nothing but good things to say about your tanks. Now I know why.

Back