Gauging interest in Reefcleaners Group Buy

Shenlung

Tankless Wonder
Exactly what it says, Gauging interest prior to putting in the form to do a group buy. This is directly quoted from the website:

"1. Because group buys are likely to qualify for free shipping, just tell your members to use the free shipping option "Group Buy". We will package all of their orders seperately, and mark them by the individuals name. So all you will have to do on pickup day is hand them the bags with their name on them. If for some reason your group buy does not qualify for free shipping, we will bill each of your members a pro-rata difference for the shipping costs. It will be based on total amounts of their orders.This has never been a problem to date.

2. Have your members mention the club or organization of the group buy in the note field during checkout.

It is that simple. Just post that you want to do a group buy at the website/forum/club you belong to, tell them to do their shopping here, and pay here and when the deadline arrives for us for that week's shipment all of those in are good to go. No need to front money, no need to add up totals, or answer emails, or talk to unsure shoppers. We will even send you a template post to help you explain the rules of the group buy to your members. "

The website is www.reefcleaners.org , go take a look around and check out prices, also note that there will be free shipping if we break $150 in total purchases....my last purchase there was over $50 by itself and that was with a 30% discount, The list of my purchase is here: http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showpost.php?p=736670&postcount=4

no interest? All items will be delivered at the meeting or after the meeting if you cannot make it for whatever reason, I have lots of containers to "float" your purchase in my sump until the meeting. I can also work something out to deliver it directly to you any other time.

Last edited:
just an fyi....if you are doing a group buy, it would prob be best to have everyone pick up the day the package arrives, otherwise you should acclimate and exchange water in those bags. All those critters will be stressed in the bags as is and I doubt would survive 'til the next day just floating in your tank without the water exchange.

Why not just go to your local LFS? I looked at some of their prices and they weren't that much cheaper then some of the LFS's in RI. Some things were a little cheaper and some were more a little more. Then you don't have to deal with UPS/Fedex possible loosing your package, dealing with people to get their stuff....seems like a lot of work to save a couple bucks.

Back