Getting your significant other on board of this hobby is not a very good idea.

OK, I need to go outside and wash the tank again.

The good side is you don't have to justify why we need to spend $4/lb for rock when we live in Mass. The Bad is the kids don't get to eat. It's funny, Every time a person gets out of the hobby I'm on the road with Baggies and pails and Linda is pushing me out the door. I?ve been to 4 homes in the last week due to people moving and needing to break down their tank.:eek:

my girl thinks its waste of money and time but i think its that she doesnt know whats in the tank and has to ask my four year old daughter what things are in the tank its so funny she been comming around now

Well, my wife keep talking about the ~400 gallon reef tank in someone's basement. I know I can't manage that kind of monster tank because I can't swim.

It's a good thing David and I got on board together at the same time, so we can go through the "That costs HOW much?!" stages together. :)

Melody~

Same here...except for seahorses she wants them...but doesnt want to change water...etc...I wish I could get that kind of deal.
newfish said:
my girl thinks its waste of money and time but i think its that she doesnt know whats in the tank and has to ask my four year old daughter what things are in the tank its so funny she been comming around now

Get rid of the credit cards! 2 reefers under 1 roof isn't a recipe for financial stability :)

MelodyDurham said:
It's a good thing David and I got on board together at the same time, so we can go through the "That costs HOW much?!" stages together. :)

Melody~

MelodyDurham said:

Melody~

yeah, i'd like to have something that was my sole responsibilty....however one of kevin's traits is he tends to take over the lead on most projects (i'm not saying this is bad Kevin (b/c I know you will read this), I'm just pointing out an observation) hell, at least he has the time to dedicate, that's why I am in charge of the purchases. :D

My wife will never, never touch the water. Yesterday I was rearranging rocks and a giant black brittle star fell of the bottom of a rock, my wife and kids screamed and ran out of the room. Now I got an order to get rid of "that thing" (which I don't want to, the star has been with me from the beginning). I am getting stronger every day by moving salt water, fish tank and live rock around.

clamm said:
Same here...except for seahorses she wants them....

Casey, now it is your chance to start a seahorse tank. Don't let it slip away.

I am trying to spend my time getting the 92 done right...I really want it to look nice...so I think the seahorse would distract me...and im trying to get her to take it on her own...I will help...but I want her to read about them and how to keep them.

Back