good corals to start out

Steve will hellolights.com ship there?

For corals there are alot of easy to keep softies, rics, zoos(read about preadtors) alot of LPS. All kind of stuff. Do some research on corals and figure out what you want to keep first.

Hey Bud,
For corals, anything like hammer. torch, frogspawn are all good starters, of course the leather and mushroom family are great beginner corals but be careful not to add anything you might regret (mushrooms are a nice splash of color at first but become aggressive)
Also you may have access to some awesome species over there that we are not able to bring in here, Pics are a MUST! :D
The Current lights sure are a lot of light for short money, If you were stateside I'd have to say stay away, they are such a nightmare to deal with when and I mean when you need parts.
I guess you have a bit of an unique situation being over there and if the DRs ship to you maybe it wouldn't be a bad choice if you could confirm that they carry parts and will ship them also.

My opinion is that shrooms are the easiest. I disagree (but not fully) that zoathids are the easiest since there are a bunch of morphs out there that can be pretty sensitive.

BTW, Steve...What do you do in the AF?

my job is to work on C-130's, but right now i am doing a different job. i am working a few different jobs. i work for transient alert, which means that any aircraft that come to this base and aren't normally stationed here, i marshall them into the parking spots, and then i service and support them with anything they need. then when they are ready, i launch them out of their spot so they can go home. also, i work crash recovery for F-16 aircraft that belong here to this base. if there is any kind of crash, then i work on one of the teams that are responsible for recovery of the aircraft.

about the lighting, do you guys recommend anything better with about the same power? the main thing that i would like to get is an anenome, and then i would like to add a few different corals later. my tank has already been established for about 8 months now, so by the time that i get my lights it will be about 10 months or so, maybe a little more. by then, my tank should be established enough to have an anenome survive. any thoughts there?

Back