Good filter for a fish bowl?

new2saltyfish

Non-member
Making a 2ish gallon fish bowl into a nano reef and was wondering if anyone knew of any type of filtration that would be good for it. All i want to keep is some zoo's. Problem is it's a bowl shape, so a HOB filter isn't really an option. Maybe a small pump and put a type of filter cartridge inline?!? Any ideas?

I wouldn't bother filtering the water. Do a 1 gallon water change every week. Flow would be my concern.

i was thinking an airstone except for the fact that it will just blow air in through a small filter and not suck water in and push out...unless i'm thinking about it the wrong way? I figured flow would be alright because almost any pump would give a good turn over rate on a bowl that small.

I think the airstone driven carbon filters do actually force water through the carbon. they sell them at petco cheap.

The airstone creates an upward current. Put it in a tube of some sort with carbon above or below the airstone and water will be drawn through the carbon.

This was on some online websites.

Attachments

• filter.jpg
    filter.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
I have a used nano501 canister filter used on my 5 gallon fresh water was awesome and deff be best for your set up!!! $$$15

Back