has anyone had continous success ordering online?

tommy6905

Non-member
if so, what vendor? was it fish, inverts? im thinking of ordering a peacock mantis, but wanted to hear some good online vendors first, i know ill probably hear not to order online but ive literally called every place looking for them for months with no luck

if anything order form liveaquaria.com. they have a very good return policy. good reputation. have ordered a couple of times fish and inverts and everything came in fine i even got free stuff. just make sure you have it to be picked up at your local shipping office. so you can pick it up in the morning

+1 on liveaquaria. Just ordered 3 tangs last week and it was a perfect oder. They were delivered at 8am. I'm definitely ordering from them again

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Live aquaria is a great choice for an online vendor. Quality livestock and wonderfull customer service. I have ordered several times and never had an issue. Ordered a mixture of inverst and fish and a few corals.( check out the divers den for the mantis they have some real nice ones sometimes).

I also have had a good experience with saltwaterfish.com on a few orders although i have heard some people have issues with their customer service which i havent had to experience yet. ordered a mix of inverts and fish from here as well.

I have ordered 1/2 a dozen times from Saltwaterfish.com. Mostly inverts but a couple times fish. I had one inexpensive fish that arrived dead and they credited my account for it.

its like rolling dice, expecially with the pictures,,,,,, you need to know what ur ordering ahead of time..................if the picture looks too good , it is

Frank

thanks for the input everyone, im still a bit hesitant, ill keep you posted if i do and how i make out

I have ordered from Vivid a couple times and not much success with the fish and the coral, I ordered 5 anthias from Blue zoo last month and they all arrived dead. Then I ordered from Saltwater fish and everything is doing great and good customer service as well.
It is hit and miss.

I've ordered from saltwaterfish.com, liveaquaria.com and cherrycorals.com for livestock and I've only had good experiences in ordering fish, inverts and corals. In most cases the vendor throws in something free.

The only vendor I've had problems with is aquacave.com but it was my fault that I didn't change the address on my bank account so my order was canceled.

I have ordered from Vivid a couple times and not much success with the fish and the coral, I ordered 5 anthias from Blue zoo last month and they all arrived dead. Then I ordered from Saltwater fish and everything is doing great and good customer service as well.
It is hit and miss.
Ah that's weird. The last fish I ordered were Anthias (Bartletts) from BZA and I was impressed at how well they were doing right away. I've had multiple excellent experiences with fish and inverts from BZA.

But anyhow. As other's have said, LiveAquaria is always a sound choice. Although again I tend to go with BZA for whatever reason.

I've only ordered dry goods and inverts online. Ordered a multi zoo pack a few years back with good results. I'll order alk and cal online but for the most part I get most of my corals through the club and I order my equipment from B at Skipton's. His service is second to none.

Last edited:
I've ordered Live Stock from both LiveAquaria and PetSolutions

LiveAquaria has a great Arrive Alive, Stay Alive Guarantee. Just a couple of things I'd like to point out that have happened to me.
1) When setting up a 90g, I had ordered about 120lbs. of LR to be delivered as a Saturday delivery. I placed the order a day earlier on a Thursday, but wanted it on Saturday because I had to complete a few things before I was ready to cycle the LR. The LR arrived on Friday instead of Saturday, So I paid for a Saturday Delivery instead of a Nextday delivery - which would have been cheaper. Screwed me all up, had to speed up the setup
2) I was on a Email notification wait for what LiveAquaria called Super Colored Polyp's. When I got word that they were in stock, I placed my order. What I got was nothing of which was described. Brown with orange center, not super colored at all. They recieved a complaint phone call, and if I remember correctly refunded me the purchase.
3) Also wanted to say that I had unfortunately taken them up on a fish that did not make it, and they stand behind on there guarantee

Petsolutions also has a great 14-Day Guarantee and have ordered numerous Fish and Corals from them

I've also had great experiences with Dry goods from both online retailers mentioned above

I do like to support the local stores though when I can

Back