Has anyone seen southdown??

I got a bunch of bags at Russells Garden Center in Sudbury/Wayland about a week ago. They still had a bunch left.

I've checked HD in Plaistow and Seabrook for Southdown and Yardright. No luck. And no one could give me any info that they would get it or not.

I also checked the Agway in Plaistow. None there either.

Just thought I'd save you a few trips.

I need to setup a 72g Bowfront How much do you think I need? Kevin I might take you up on the 50lb Bag

BigCrowd42 said:
I need to setup a 72g Bowfront How much do you think I need? Kevin I might take you up on the 50lb Bag

No problem, come and get it if you like.
Drop me a PM if you are interested :D

I got some a while back from at Bay State Pet & Garden Supply on Rte 44 in Taunton. they said they would order more, so you may want to give them a call.

Marco...I'll probably be down to see ya...I've been looking everywhere for Southdown for my new 210...no luck anywhere.....BTW, my little baby blue Max is doin' awesome!!!!

I just found a whole bunch in Central New Hampshire (north haverill?, off of Dartmouth college rd.) at Agway. I wish i bought some more to pass around. I will be making another trip up in another few weeks if you still need it.

Either that or check a local agway, i was surprised that they had it, but if one carries it, i am sure most of them do.

I'll say this, my Southdown may not be identical to the stuff you all are getting, but I picked up some last year, I think from Home Depot and it is IMHO not what it used to be. It used to be all very small round particles of aragonite likely formed by precipitation in the ocean. The stuff I got was clearly 'cut' about 50/50 with what looks like ground up white limestone (at least I hope that's what it is cut with!). The limestone particles appear to my eye to me much 'sharper' and not round like the old stuff.

Just my observation.

From what I've heard in the HD in Taunton, they're not carrying the SD anymore....they've gone to the Sakrite (sp) playsand. Definately not what you wany to use in a reef tank....Thank you again Mark at Fishy Business in Chatham for meeting me in Hyannis to give my my sand!! You're the best!! :D

Back