have you ever though about building your own t5 fixture?

A solution to fit all

OK,--- here is all of my solution---- I have moved 80% of the coral frag I got from frank (Thanks to frank and all of the help from Boston Reefers Member) to this 14G nano tank(again thanks to my friend who got me a super deal on this oceanic 14g for $65 dollar). I have placed this tank right in front of the windows as you can see.... That way I don't have to turn on the electricity during the day and turn it on after 4pm for 7 hour for me to see it. It is right in the living room where I sit and watch tv.

The 120g will be a fish only tank and I am downsizing all the lighting to 100 watt the most... don't know if this will hurt the fish on the 120g.

Well what do you all think?

Attachments

• 14g.JPG
    14g.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 120g.JPG
    120g.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 100
OK,--- here is all of my solution---- I have moved 80% of the coral frag I got from frank (Thanks to frank and all of the help from Boston Reefers Member) to this 14G nano tank(again thanks to my friend who got me a super deal on this oceanic 14g for $65 dollar). I have placed this tank right in front of the windows as you can see.... That way I don't have to turn on the electricity during the day and turn it on after 4pm for 7 hour for me to see it. It is right in the living room where I sit and watch tv.

The 120g will be a fish only tank and I am downsizing all the lighting to 100 watt the most... don't know if this will hurt the fish on the 120g.

Well what do you all think?

What happens if it's cloudy out????????:p

Well thank you for all the help----- of u have any more idea please post it here for me to learn----

for the tank with the corals, I would suggest keeping the light on a timer. The corals do need the light, and if you only turn it on manually it will probably not be enough hours, and would likely be pretty inconsistent which can stress out a lot of things.

that daylight probably wont be sufficient... obviously in the ocean it it, but that's because it's 100% direct sunlight for a long period of time.. not a few hours of partial sunlight, through a window, and through the glass for a few hours a day.

Back