Help me stock my Solana

Kevin McG

Ni Hao!
Just trying to come up with some fish for the new 34 gallon Solana. Wife asked for her favorite fish a yellow candy hogfish but I have no idea what else I want to get.

I was originally going to get a couple of clown and a rose anemone but since I want to do a lot of lps such as acans all over the rocks I don't want to risk a anemone move clearing all my corals.

Lets here what you would do, I want lots of color :)

Feeding will be an issue but what about a social group of Anthias? I personally want a group of McCosker Wrasses but you'll have issues with the open top.

Feeding will be an issue but what about a social group of Anthias? I personally want a group of McCosker Wrasses but you'll have issues with the open top.

Anthias are open area swimmers I believe so the tank would be a bit small. I do want a wrasse but wasn't sure about the tank size and want to research the different species before making a selection(if there is one).

I do plan on making a non-philament mesh for the tp and am working on a frame for it. I was thinking about taking some 3/8" acrylic rod and machining a 1/4" slot lengthwise for it to sit perfectly on the top of the glass edge. Coming up with something to hold the mesh onto that rod I am finding challenging.

I suppose you are right about anithias needing more space. How about a Midas Blenny? I just got a Gold one to replace a blue one that jumped she was very cool and does well in a small space. A bit skittish at first but once acclimated is very pretty and interesting.

Yash Gobie, Purple Fire fish, Teardrop Maxima and a nice Pink Lobo & Acans, oh wait that's my plan but you can use it if you want. :)

How about Acans?

There will be TONS of acans :)

how about a pair of purple fire fish?
or a flame angle?
this is nice too.
GET A GREEN CLOWN GOBY!

Green clown goby is on the list for sure!!

I suppose you are right about anithias needing more space. How about a Midas Blenny? I just got a Gold one to replace a blue one that jumped she was very cool and does well in a small space. A bit skittish at first but once acclimated is very pretty and interesting.

Mius blennies are super cool but I had a Molly on the list :)

Yash Gobie, Purple Fire fish, Teardrop Maxima and a nice Pink Lobo & Acans, oh wait that's my plan but you can use it if you want. :)

all good ones, thanks :)

i have a possum wrasse in my reef hes not much for swimming but sure does love to ride the current and pick rocks.. tons of personality

Yeah I think I have ti agree about the Acans, but I am a bit biased... :p

For fish I would do a pair of Dracula Goby...They are sweet and rare,
Or lots of real small nano type fish
Geometric Pygmy Hawk (plectranthias)
Trimma Gobies
Possum Wrasse

Or go with an Angler...

huh that's funny Bijan, great minds think alike...and I was just gonna see what you where up to...too funny.

Back