Help with wiring for Icecap ballast

jwaka11

Non-member
Hey guys. I have a Current 6x96w PC lights for my tank. Since two of the Current ballasts are dead, I purchased an Icecap 430 Ballast--advertised as being able to power up to four bulbs... I only needed to power two lights.

Some of you probably wonder why not just upgrade to T5 HO bulb with this ballast? Well, I have a couple of new spare PC bulbs that I can use. So for now, I'll stick to PC lights until I run out.

The question is, how do you wire this thing to the PC light dongle connector? I've printed the manual and tried many different wiring combination to no avail. The PC light dongle connector has four wires to each light (2 reds & 2 blues). The Icecap ballast has six wires coming out of the wiring kit to connect to the bulbs (2 reds, 2 blues, & 2 yellows). Power wiring is separate (black, white, and green). If I were to connect the ballast for a single light, the light turned on--the light was on when I connect the reds/blues to the same reds/blues wires from the ballasts and leaving the yellow bare.

However, I cant seem to wire it as a dual light. The schematic given by Icecap has no mention of the dual blue/red wires that are for my PC lights.

I'm no electrician by any mean so any suggestion? Thanks

You may have an issue with the wiring harnness...it's my standard response for Icecap ballasts that aren't MH as this is the ONLY isue I have had with them.and a very on-going one:(

sounds like an issue with the ballast to me. If you wire it up according to their wiring diagram that nichols41 gave ya and it still doesn't work, I'd consider that defective and try to RMA it.

Back