Here goes nothing...

Miller

Non-member
...tomorrow morning Jen and I are finally going to put the BEAUTIFUL RBTA we have in our frag tank into our display:eek:.

Hopefully all goes well and it decides to stay away from my SPS. My theory is the SPS is up top in the highest flow so surely it won't park itself there.

So everybody of the BRS keep your fingers and fins crossed!!!!!!

Please don't tell me horror stories of RBTAs in mixed reefs....

Good luck guys!! If it makes you feel any better both the one I have now and prev in the 150 never moved.

But they did get big! :eek::D

remember you can always rename your favorite SPS colony 'skeletor' once the 'nem stings the shiite out of it :D

DON'T DO IT GUYS. In all seriousness i probably wouldn't do it myself.. lol.. but if you can get it to chill in one place and not walk around/sting they do look pretty awesome.

DON'T DO IT GUYS. In all seriousness i probably wouldn't do it myself.. lol.. but if you can get it to chill in one place and not walk around/sting they do look pretty awesome.

GLWT. :rolleyes:

my rbta in my 72 wiped out my cali tort when it went on walkabout while I was traveling for work. It was a beautiful 12" colony. WAS. I hope yours stays put.

Ouch.....well I don't have any 12" colonies:(. So nothing that large can get wiped out.

gbta moves all the time...and some of its favorite spots are right in front of the powerhead stings the crap out of my monti cap colony constantly...half othe colony is bleached and healed....other half...perfectly fine and bright...so i just let it stay happy.

youre crazy. you;ll wake up to dead corals one morning and have a real problem getting it out. eventually the bta will split and then you;ll have 2 problems. take advice from someone whos gone through it.

I have 3 RBTA's right now, IMO if you have an SPS tank I would not add one to it.
My original specimen has stayed in its spot for over 2 years. She split about 3 months ago and the clones pretty much stay put too. All I have in that tank is zoas Im not too concerned. Once BTA's find a location they like they rarely move from it, but if I had SPS in my tank I dont think I would chance it either.

Can't you just glue a part of it down?like one tenticle? Lol I should invent a harmess for them haha tie it to a runner

You can always move the sps into my tank! Lol
No really if you need a temp home for anything that won't sting and kill my stuff let me know.

This thread needs pictures so I'll post some of my rbta in the SPS tank, but when it splits expect some casualty.:D Good luck and skeletor is funny but true.

Attachments

• fish-051.jpg
    fish-051.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 118
  • fish-059.jpg
    fish-059.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 112
This thread needs pictures so I'll post some of my rbta in the SPS tank, but when it splits expect some casualty.:D Good luck and skeletor is funny but true.
Eh....Im not to worried. I am more attached to my LPS and the couple leathers then my SPS.

Maybe tomorrow I'll clean the glass and snap a shot of it! So far I like where it has decided park.

Back