ok here goes 75 in wall

reefmonkey

Non-member
first timer here figured i would share some photos so i can get some good input. gonna start with a test photo to make sure i do this right here is the soon to be fish room...with the diy stand for the tank

Attachments

• Temp 193 (Medium).jpg
    Temp 193 (Medium).jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 584
here is the tank getting painted.

Attachments

• Temp 183.jpg
    Temp 183.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 583
  • Temp 187.jpg
    Temp 187.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 567
  • Temp 190.jpg
    Temp 190.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 569
make sure that room is prepped for alot of humidity such a little room there is gonna be a helluva lot of evap

ok how bout a photo of my temp sump..my goal is to make one from acrylic soon but i am doing a little more reading on that whole process. i made it from a basic 20 gal from pet smart..plumbing is pretty basic setup...

Attachments

• Temp 009.jpg
    Temp 009.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 585
luckily the room is much bigger than it looks the room extends to the right another 10 feet with another egress on the other side i will try to get a photo from the other side soon..i was also thinking of adding a vent to the room that would eventually vent out of the overhang on the house..i recently did an addition on this house with the intention of doing an in wall tank....got any more pointers i can use all of them i can get.

Good looking build so far... keep us updated with plenty of pics...

How about a gate valve mod on that Euroreef?

Mike I was thinking about that late last night when I was staring at the whole set up do you happen to have a link to where i might find some info on what is needed for the mod?

Stayed up late working on the project last night afbound guy will be posting more pics tonight I got the sand rinsed and put that and some h20 in the tank..my ro unit isnt that great so it takes some time...Speaking of ro units here is a question if you shut the output line off and leave the feed on with the ro unit eventually shut it self off after building preasure or will the waiste water keep flowing.

Very nice.

You might want to add some kind of support for that drain pipe, otherwise it will be levering against the bulkhead and the glass which could crack one or the other over time.

Speaking of ro units here is a question if you shut the output line off and leave the feed on with the ro unit eventually shut it self off after building preasure or will the waiste water keep flowing.

It will only shut off if it has an auto shut off valve.

Perhaps the picture is deceiving, but it doesn't look like the pump section is large enough. Have you tested to make sure the pump won't suck air? Do you have an auto-topoff system planned to make sure the level in that section stays constant?

Abby

Oh yea, that's a good point. You'll need to the ATO sensor in the pump section to keep things steady. You may also want to make some kind of stand to elevate the skimmer as it looks like the water level will have to be pretty high in the sump because of the baffel arrangement.

Also be sure to check the capacity of the sump when the pump is shut down, you don't want it to flood if the power goes out.

(You may end up needing to adjust the baffel height).

Great project, keep us posted.

Looks good, I only have a 20 gallons temp sump under my tank, one of these days I will get around to getting a bigger one under it.

ok well rock and water have been running for about 2 weeks now with a few scoops of a friends set up to get some pods in there...gonna be adding some h2o tonight...surprised my wife hasnt killed me yet with the mess ive had going:D

Attachments

• Temp 192.jpg
    Temp 192.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 470
...surprised my wife hasnt killed me yet with the mess ive had going:D

I've gotten that feeling many of times... The trick is to get her to like the tank and ultimately get them more addicted than you are just like I've done:D

I love these threads, it's cool seeing how people handle different things in different ways, keep up the good work :)

ok tank is filled, rock is in, sump is full, skimmer is running.....now come the questions..overflow is very loud tried to throttle back on the pump still pretty loud...water going into sump loud but a cover should help signifcantly....so any one got any ideas as to how to quit this puppy up a little? i will post a tank shot in about an hour or so i have to put together the lights....oh yead one more question sorry....im running two coralife 150 de halides (the ones that clamp on) should that be good for now......ultimatley i would like this tank to be lps and sps with some softies it will take time but i would like to get all the equipment i need now before i stock the tank....I dont think its very fair to the animals and corals if i were to purchase them first without getting what they need to survive.. ok here are the pic for those pic hounds like myself....:p jimmyj i know you like that trick support on the drain:D gonna set up a real one later.

Attachments

• Temp 001.jpg
    Temp 001.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 457
  • Temp 002.jpg
    Temp 002.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 459
  • Temp 004.jpg
    Temp 004.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 455
  • Temp 005.jpg
    Temp 005.jpg