How much water flow?

UMan101

Non-member
Hi everyone,

Currently, I have one hydor koralia 1350 pump for water flow in my tank. Do I need another pump at 1350 gph?

Specs:
50g cube, corals, clown fish, rbta, crabs, snails and starfish

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A Koralia 1350 is not much. I would get another one in there for more random flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't want to spend a lot of money on multiple expensive powerheads, then get just 1 cheap controllable Tunze powerhead. And for the rest of the powerheads, you can use Koralia. The reason I mention 1 controllable powerhead is to disturb and vibrate the water. It will help to move debris a lot more this way.
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/tunze-turbelle-nanostream-6055-controllable.html
Wait for BlackFriday, it will be on sale, much cheaper.

This is a great powerhead. Silent and powerful. I'm looking to grab another one and link them.

Thanks everyone! I ended up going with a jebao. Budget is a little tight for now since startup costs get quite hefty

I'll be keeping an eye out for the tunze come black Friday :)

Thanks everyone! I ended up going with a jebao. Budget is a little tight for now since startup costs get quite hefty

I'll be keeping an eye out for the tunze come black Friday :)

Very happy with my Jebaos. You will be satisfied.

Hate to do it, but +1 for jebao from me as well. All pumps wear out, and better pumps come out every few years. The jebao is priced right to use for 3 years and then upgrade.

It is strange that no one asked the OP what type of corals have. As we all know, Soft Corals do not need the water movement that SPS, mainly acros, need.

So.... what corals do you have ?

Back