Hydor's Koralia pumps are finally able to be purchased.

Wow, very low watts, looks like decent flow and the price is good. Okay, who'll be first to see if it actually works?

Josh glad you are getting one so you can give us the 411. If they work well it looks good for the price compared to nano streams that have not lived up to the Tunze hype from what I hear from some people.

I dont know if I like the way it looks but I do like the swivel ball to.

Last edited:
Keep us informed and pictures too :)

For $50 the 1200 gallons per 8.5 watts in incredible but wonder how the magnets will hold up on the larger tanks.

From RC

Hello,

The Koralia should hit US retail in February 2007.

The first to have it will be Drs. Foster & Smith.

The Koralia will work great on any controlled that will just slow the impeller down and speed it up. The Koralia is not recommended for stop/start wavemakers.

Sincerely,

Hydor USA, Inc.

Great flow rates at a great price, however, the larger pumps are nearly 3 x 6 inches - how does this compare to the Tunze packaging? I'm not sure I would be pleased with the aesthetics of a 6" pump sticking out into the water in the main display tank.

I'll have to see one in person. The video didn't impress me too much. I was surprised to see it so close to the surface and not sucking air.

I was just reading that on RC Kevin. Does not take people long. I didn't realize how big they were though.

I think I will stick with my Oceanflow mod and nano stream.

Back