I just setup NP BioPellets on my system

Leroy we should chat on the phone one of these days and you can fill me in on your progress.
No problem Ray, phone or stop by on your way home from work.
is it really that expensive considering how pricey GFO is? I am on the fence too.
Good point Frank. Tho the pellets will last longer than GFO reducing nitrates as well and feeds the corals adding a beneficial good bacteria back to the system.

Stay tuned I'm sure you've got a lot of company sitting on the fence.

Any updates? How is it looking

Correlation does not equal causation - but I cleaned my glass yesterday for the first time since setting up the Biopellets on the 30th. Before I had to do a quick wipe every other day. I always had unreadable nitrates/phosphates so no change in test results.

M

I'm two weeks in. Took my GFO and carbon offline. No more cyano, no more dinos, I'm feeding like a pig, and my corals have the best polyp extension ever. I'm a believer.

I'm two weeks in. Took my GFO and carbon offline. No more cyano, no more dinos, I'm feeding like a pig, and my corals have the best polyp extension ever. I'm a believer.

Great news, have some coming in next week, can't wait to try it!!!

That's great news and update on your progress. The only upgrade I've made was to remove the sponge at the top of the media reactor and replaced it with craft mesh, cut to size, to allow the mulm from the pellets to enter the system. My nitrates and phosphates were slightly up and now they're undetectable which I never thought could be possible. I'm still running GFO and carbon just out of habit and peace of mind for now. It's taken a few weeks to establish the good/beneficial bacteria to lower the nitrates and phosphates It'll begin it's next phase to combat any nutrients even tho I have no nuisance algae just bryopsis that is not able to take any hold and is easily removed by siphoning. My skimmer is foaming very dry with huge foam bubbles and a very dark green and potent odor.

My HA is almost all gone but I still have cyano. That could be due to my bulb problem. My corals have been up and down but as I said -- my bulbs are burned out after being in for two months. So until I sort that out I can't say what is doing what. I am losing corals at the moment.

I love the pellets! For the first time in two years I am not dosing any vodka or zeo additives and the tank looks great. First off, my perpetual low pH problem has disapeared. This is most likely because the huge vodka driven populations of O2 sucking bacteria in the water are gone. The sps look much better for it. Better polyp extension and good color. I can feed feed feed and so far there has not been any nutrient buildup. No nuisence algae either. It has been two months so this is preliminary and still too soon for a definate thumbs up, but I can see a difference and I'm very happy so far.

Wow this stuff looks great !

I have only just begun reading the info in the links provided.

Is the biopellets suppose to replace carbon (charcoal) and phosphate remover?

My tank should be light to medium bioload.
It looks expensive but if it replaces both carbon and phosphate remover than I will jump on the bandwagon and get some pellets.

I am off to the doctors right now and when I return I will be out of it physically so I guess I am doing some reading today.

cheers - Jenn

It looks expensive but if it replaces both carbon and phosphate remover than I will jump on the bandwagon and get some pellets.

I am off to the doctors right now and when I return I will be out of it physically so I guess I am doing some reading today.

cheers - Jenn

Jenn -

It is designed to reduce phosphates and nitrates. When you start using it, your tank water becomes crystal clear (at least mine did), but the biopellets do not grant the chemical absorption that carbon does. It would probably be wise to still run carbon 24/7, I just don't have the space.

cheers - Jenn

I now run all 3, need to swap out that PRISM skimmer though

Frank

New BioPellets Reactor and Pump

I decided to upgrade my media reactor to the large 30/30 Poly Reactor with added MaxiJet 1200. The 1200 is not included in the reactor setup. The tumble is and can be controlled with a shut off valve that is an item I had extra with a Two Little Fishies media reactor. I'll monitor my tumble and slow it down slightly. I had a problem with the other reactors that didn't have enough water flow from my manifold. The BioPellets were packed at the top of the cylinders and holding the mulm and not allowing the beneficial bacteria to fully release. All part of the trial process to work the media so there's no dead space within the pellets. I found this to be an excellent combination. The GFO media reactor in the pictures will eventually be coming off my system.

BioPellets1-1.jpg

BioPellets2-1.jpg

BioPellets3-1.jpg

[youtube]JPAJAvCZnrU[/youtube]

Back