I know Woburn water is bad.....but this?

They lost power to some pumps in the treatment plant... and due to the pooling of the water (from low pressure) and the fact that it may not have properly been "pressed" through their systems, they are concerned with contamination. The boil order should be lifted a couple/few days after they restore pressure. They just need to "flush" a lil.

Yikes, I am going to replace my prefilter and carbon block after we move, hopefully it will be ok for a coupla more weeks. I don't even like to brush my teeth with Woburn water. (or most municipal water supplies for that matter, I grew up with fresh and clean well water and am spoiled. :D )

dedfish said:
My friend in Woburn just had his filter stp working after 4 months of use. When he pulled the prefilter it was BLACK, completely black.

I ended up only replacing my sediment filter today (1 micron), and this is what I found (for comparison, I put a brand new sediment filter on the right) :

rodi-sediment-filter-replace-20050429.jpg

Yuck!!! The used filter was covered in brown/green slimy goo, absolutely disgusting... this was after about 6 months of use (both for the tanks and for drinking water)... and to think that I was driking town water before getting the RODI filter (my wife and son always drank bottled water, and drink RO water now).

Nuno

im glad somone started this thread my pre filter looks like that its so bad i have to add a home depot filter right off the main just replaced 3 filters in the ro/di and there clogged again water pressure was at 60 now its down to 40 time to kick on the booster pump and replace some more filters

ok added a hole house filter today turned it on the filter is dead already even the plumber could'nt believe it he called me in to see it it was that bad

Back