I need tank plumbing help please!

Rinse the sand and you can use all of them again. Due to the small size of your tank, the small sand bed won't be a problem. When do you want me to drop off the tank?

Hmm.. Well I guess its time to start getting supplies huh? I have to see when my neighbor can help me drill it out and all. You can drop it off anytime though.

jovreef said:
That would be great...let me get everything together and you'll be getting a PM :)

Just finished helping my friend drill out his tanks. The first was his sump which is a 20+ year old 10g tank. One small crack on the top, but well above the water line so not a big deal, the other hole for the return pump went fine. I think he may have accidently shifted the bit when the tank slipped (our bad, slippery surface so hard to hold it steady.) We drilled out his 65g hex tank next... only took about 20-30mins a hole :)p) , but went perfectly. My 53mm bit has drilled about 8 holes so far and starting to get worn so may order a 2nd one soon. The 65g looked to be about 1/3" or so thick, not looking forward to drilling my 75g which is about 1/2", LOL.

-Mike

Back