In your opinion, what are the top 3 HOB Protein Skimmers?

The new line of deltec skimmers are superb, but i don't know if they make anything that is hang on tank or not...
I mentioned this in my first post, the Deltec MCE600 is excellent. It's actually been around for a couple years but still excellent.

I mentioned this in my first post, the Deltec MCE600 is excellent. It's actually been around for a couple years but still excellent.

ok, I saw delta saying that they aren't all that they are cracked up to be, and for the price point other skimmers have outdone them in recent years... this is true for some of their older models, but not so for their newer models.. their newer models are some of the most impressive skimmers i've ever seen... same level as bubble king.. but they aren't any cheaper...

some of the older deltec skimmers have certainly become obsolete, and some of their skimmers weren't ever that great to begin with.. but at the same time some of their older skimmers were so well designed that they are still very relevant today. Sunny on reefcentral for instance uses a Deltec AP851, and it's done his system unbelievably well. I don't have any experience with their HOB skimmers, but I would assume they are at least above average as the company itself has a pretty solid reputation.. for the most part at least.

That said, my recommendation of the ATB multi-use cone stills stands... if you're willing to pay for it, and are able to find it that is..

I think i'm gonna go with the AquaMaxx HOB just to see how it works for me. Read about it and really like it. If I do get it i'll definitely take pics and write up a nice review. The Reef Octopus' are WAYYY too big (well, the ones i'd get like the bh800 or lx1000), and ugly coloured.

Back