Installing a sink in my basement

johnchapple714

Non-member
I am completely clueless when it comes to plumbing. The house I moved into recently has a large RO unit and distilling unit in the basement because the previous owners didnt like the hard water in the house. How hard would it be to run a line for a sink in the basement? Is it something I could do myself or should I have a plumber do it? Also can I run a line off of the pipe that goes into the RO unit or will that mess up the amount of water the unit takes in? Any help is appreciated.

You need to determine the location of your main drain, if the new sink would be located below it you will need a power sump, this job is not hard to do but if you have no experience you may be better off getting a plumber.

Jim

Locating the sink near the drain and vent was the challenge when I had mine installed. The pvc drain and vent pipes seemed forward, however soldering the copper supply lines was beyond my skills and tools so I sent with a plumber.

who did you use for a plumber? we are in the same town so if they did a good job I will have the same people do mine.

Back