Is there a 12 step program?

KyleinCT

Non-member
for reef addicts? for spending too much on reef stuff?

I'll start....

" Hi my name is Kyle and I have a reef addiction..."

Now in chorus,

"Hi Kyle".....

there.

I feel better.

Where's my wallet?...

Hey Kyle,
I should join the group you're starting. I also am an addict. This morning when checking my e-mail I found that my LFS just got in some new corals that I had requested they carry.......Luckily my wife is busy all day so I can go and put them in the tank,,,,then clean up everything,,,befor she knows....so off I go to spend more money. There is so much I want to buy. Aqua controller is next.
My wife thinks I spend way too much, and she is right. I can't get enough though......this 75 gal reef is like crack,,,, I keep wanting more......I don't want to get help,,,,i want to stay an addict.,,,,I love it. yikes

isnt that the truth.........how many times I questioned myself about the costs of my 125, 120 sump/refug, and the 60 frag tank. what do I do..........order a 270 :D

although I am getting rid of a 125 :)

lets just say SAm is ready to admit me and this 240 is pushing me to a gree with him ......

just keep thinking someday it has to stop but 8 yrs in and I still spend more time,energy,money on this thing than I do my house :eek:

lets just say SAm is ready to admit me and this 240 is pushing me to a gree with him ......:)
just keep thinking someday it has to stop but 8 yrs in and I still spend more time,energy,money on this thing than I do my house :eek:

Dawn, the only reason that our bathroom is finished and our kitchen is nearing completion is because I wanted to set up a reef tank. I knew if I set up a big tank before they were done or at least near done, my wife would strangle me. We've lived in our house 8 years and it took a fish tank to motivate me! :eek: :D

I still spend more time,energy,money on this thing than I do my house :eek:

Yeah, I was driving home from buying bagels and thinking about playing with stuff in the basement. Then I pulled up to my driveway and I realized I have a meadow for a front lawn :mad:

I can quit any time I want!

Now I have to go ... the LFS just got an order in. :D

I was remarking to my wife early last week how well I was doing in the last 2 months or so. ;)

.....then I ended up with a weekday afternoon free on Friday...and my wallet is two hundred fifty bucks lighter thanks to Beacon and Kiah! :eek: DOH!!

Is there anywhere we can go for reef-hab? :rolleyes:

Is there anywhere we can go for reef-hab? :rolleyes:

Yes Jay, you are in luck. I will be holding meetings the last Thursday of every month. Please bring all your reef stuff with you and be prepared to just walk away, it's really the only way.:)

Yes Jay, you are in luck. I will be holding meetings the last Thursday of every month. Please bring all your reef stuff with you and be prepared to just walk away, it's really the only way.:)

I can't lift the tank by myself to bring it :(

But I'll keep your offer in mind :D

Well the tank is cheaper than traveling to the Caribbean every weekend. Damn I should have taken the job in Grand Cayman....

Hi Kyle,
My name is Michele and I have a problem too. I am a reefaholic.
I'd like to schedule a meeting a my house soon. Please feel free to bring loaded wallets as i will be selling off some of the corals to help towards the cure.

Plus I need new lights :p

Back