is this safe

nemogonecrazy

Non-member
is it safe if a tank is supported on all four corners..to be exact the sides and front are supported full length however the back is not ..but again the four corners are sitting flush on the stand...tank size is 75 i think

How much of a gap are we talking about in the center?

I think All-Glass and Oceanic stands only support the end panels of the tank. I had a 5' Oceanic stand a while back and there was a considerable 'dip' in the center (.030" or so). If I remember correctly, I did some research and this was normal. In theory, that gap could be .03" or 3' and it wouldn't make a difference, but I'd feel better if it was a small gap.

I would imagine you're much better off having most, if not all, of the weight supported by the ends as it would be much less prone to flexing the tank.

What kind of stand is it? Homemade? How is it constructed?

I'm sure others will chime in, but IMO that should be fine providing the stand is rigid enough to support the weight of the tank.

the stand is constructed with 4x4 post and 2x4 runners with plenty of cross sections its actually much more ridid than i expected.

I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that an AGA tank (the ones with the plastic frames) are supposed to be supported all the way around the edges. It doesn't need a solid top, however, like an acrylic tank.

Is there a reason why there isn't a supporting piece along the back?

When say you not supported hat do you mean? on a 48" span & 4"on each side touch? Or you only have upright supports on each side that are 4" each?

Did you put any water in it to see if it settled out?

Back