Jaebo wp-40 failure

stingythingy45

BRS Member
Has anybody had impeller stick on theirs yet?
I took it apart, cleaned it good, and it needs help to get it running. Only runs in high or low,no pulse.
Seems like maybe the bushings might be worn. Can these be rebuilt?
Think I got approx. 2 years out of it so far.

The impeller on my wp 40 stuck after about 6 months of use. Did a vinegar dip overnight and it worked fine after that.

Soaked it overnight in vinegar and hot fresh water.
It looks brand new, but it's still not right.

Hmmm. That stinks. I believe love the reef has replacement parts and if not they sell all the jebao pumps. But since it's dead you could get the new rw jebao pumps.

I had a similar problem with mine. One day it just stopped working so I cleaned it and it would only run like 2 or 3 min after that. Not sure what the deal is and I assume it's just dead. I got about a year out of it.

They have only been on the market for about 16 months, so I would say you did pretty good if you bought them in the beginning.

I had a WP10 die on me after 2 months, replaced it under warranty and got rid of them.

Depending on where you purchased the pump from, contact them. When I thought mine broke (It actually was something stuck inside, once removed it worked fine) out of warranty Fish street offered to send me a new motor side for $25.

You can get a wp40 impellar for $7.
Motor for $40 and i think controller is like $14
I have a 25 and 40 with no issues yet.
I think it sounds like a control problem.

Thanks for all the info, everybody.
I did get it from Fish Street, not really sure how long ago.
I still have the box, have to check for the receipt in there tomorrow when I dig it out.
Odd thing is it stopped while running in L, not even pulse.
I've had it running on H since posting this. Might try a different setting but it did freeze the last time.

My input is I have had a 40 25 and 10 and used them for the last 10 months. Lets be honest they work hard. If I get 2 years out of mine and they die, for what they cost I would be pleased with that imho. I always tend to have spare pumps and heaters etc incase of sudden failures

My father and I both have these pumps. I had a wp40 stop on me and cleaned it and got it working again but also bought a replacement. Same thing just happened to my Dad's wp25 and he is having more trouble getting it started. We have had them for about a year and a half. It does stink but I also feel like they did pretty well for the money. I'm thinking of getting the rw pumps next, hopefully they last a bit longer

Back