Jan 9th DIY meeting

Argh, I'll be at work, I'll try to catch everyone at the next one. Someone take notes or pics or a video of the algae scrubber demo. Would be a cool resource to have for people

I'll be drilling and installing a DIY overflow in a tank. (I'll be making the overflow itself in advance, and will post a thread showing that process tonight or tomorrow.)

I'll be drilling and installing a DIY overflow in a tank. (I'll be making the overflow itself in advance, and will post a thread showing that process tonight or tomorrow.)

Interested to see this one, I have always contemplated setting up a small workshop for acrylic work. Curious to see how you make your overflow.

I don't have any special shop for acrylic work, just a router, some clamps, tablesaw (only for rough cutting, never to prep edges for solvent welding), squares, patience and creativity. With what I have I've been able to make a couple of scratch build sumps, scratch build Ca reactor, scratch build frag tank, and numerous overflows to be installed in glass tanks. If I could put one thing on my wish list it would be a big, precise router table built with acrylic work in mind.

Here's the DIY overflow thread;
http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums...y-2016-DIY-meeting-demo&p=1287770#post1287770

John K this is great. I am doing a DIY 40B frag tank and 20L sump/fuge. I need to drill the 40B for overflow and returns. I have never drilled a tank so it will be great to see this process. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452037191.251406.jpg I am a brand new member and have only been in the hobby for just over a year.

John K this is great. I am doing a DIY 40B frag tank and 20L sump/fuge. I need to drill the 40B for overflow and returns. I have never drilled a tank so it will be great to see this process. I am a brand new member and have only been in the hobby for just over a year.

That's a nice looking set up you have there. I'd be happy to help you set up that 40B. This thread shows a couple of different overflows I built for that same sized tank. http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?78520-One-way-to-make-an-overflow/page3

*note to anyone wondering or questioning; I am in no way a business and I do not profit off of doing this kind of work. I like to do DIY stuff as a hobby and when I have spare time and no particular project of my own, I sometimes help others with their DIY stuff. I work for cost of materials, good karma, and possibly the occasional beer tip :) *

Fish Goo sign up thread is up in Reef Talk.
I myself will have my DIY ATO build there as well.
Cant wait!!

John K that would be awesome!! We can talk Saturday. I saw one of your other DIY threads for overflow box building.

JDmitch can't wait to see the ato build I need one that's next on my list then! I will bring. A notebook and pen for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was great meeting many of you at last month's meeting, and am hoping to be able to join again on Saturday, I am very interested in the topics at hand and seeing some demonstrations.

This meeting is sounding better and better and I can't go!!
Need to win powerball !!!!!

Not to derail this frag-tank-sponsor thread, but will there be any water testing at this meeting? It seems like I remember reading about it on past meeting threads, but hadn't seen it mentioned this month...

Back