Janary 19th, Sunday VFW Oxford, MA-DIY Round Robbin

Flame Angel

Past BRS Pres/2016MOD
Staff member
Boston Reefers Meetings are open to all Paid, non-paid and prospective members

The next meeting of the Boston Reefers' Society will be: on Sunday, January 19th, 2014 time noon to 4:00pm

The location is: VFW Oxford, MA, 20 Federal Hill Road, Oxford, MA

DIY Round Robin Topics to be covered:

(DO YOU HAVE KNOWLEDGE IN THE BELOW AREAS AND WERE THINKING ABOUT GETTING MORE INVOLVED IN THE CLUB, BUT DID NOT WANT TO GET INVOLVED WITH THE DAY TO DAY BUSINESS. NOW IS YOUR TIME TO STEP UP HELP OUR FOR A FINITE TIME ON A SET DAY. DO NOT BE SHY AS YOU MAY ACUALLY ENJOY SHARING YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND INTERACTING.) EMAIL THE [email protected]

1. How to link pictures on the forum(General knowledge especially for those who are not tech savvy)
2. DIY Auto Top Off-Learn how to make your own auto top off(Great for someone who is not ready for a fully automated system)
3. Rockscaping-Learn how to drill, join together and assembly your own rockscape(Great knowledge for a newbie getting started)
4. PVC floating Picture Box-Learn how to make your own floating picture box to take better pictures(Good for everyone that likes to take pictures of their tank...especially to get clear pictures to ID unknowns)
5. Tank Drilling-Learn how to drill a tank(Always good to know if you want to link multiple tanks together on the same system)
6. Fragging-Learn how to frag a coral and mount it properly(Good knowledge to move to the next level of reefing and sharing)

Meeting schedule:

**All topics and times subject to change at any time**

12:00-Socializing/Membership Registration/Greeting
12:15-Take a virtual walk through the forum and learn how to post pictures or ask other question you may have
12:30-Start first rotation of DIY demos
1:00-Break for lunch
1:20-Start second rotation of DIY demos
1:50-Start third rotation of DIY demos
2:20-Start fourth rotation of DIY demos
2:50-Start fifth rotation of DIY demos
3:20-Raffle
3:45-Frag Trading/Socializing

There will be the usual frag swap at the end of the meeting. A frag swap thread will be posted separate in "Reef Talk" for those members wishing to trade frags.

This is a good meeting for new members to attend. You will learn a few basics and have a chance to intermingle with members in hands on environment taking off the pressure of having to say "Hello".

There will be many great raffle prizes offered up to support the club by our sponsors and members. Items will be posted as we get closer to the meeting date.

**NEW ADDITION TO THE MEETINGS IS A KIDS ACTIVITY TABLE**

Last edited:
hmmm.....tempting! It's like 2.5 hours away but I have to be in Fitchburg on the 18th so maybe I'll just make a weekend out of it.

Last edited:
I'll be there.
Now's your chance central Ma. members.
Let's get a good crowd there to show our support.

Big thanks to Mr. X for doing the leg work to get this location in the rotation.

Photo contest link: Deadline is after the meeting....

That is awsome... the deadline date of the contest is just after the January meeting. I can go to the DIY meeting and learn how to make a top down picture box.

Put my photographic skills to the test and score a gift card for $50.00 to the BRS sponsor of my choice (paid members).

Hmmm. I wonder if they will be raffling off a few of those picture boxes off at the meeting like they did before.

http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums...oto-Contest-quot-Best-Top-Down-View-Shot-quot

unfortunately going too have to miss the meeting this month:( but I will see you all at the next one.

We've also acquired a couple coral colonies from Cultivated Reef for the DIY Fragging table.

A huge chalice and a nice acro colony. All frags will be raffled off at the end of the meeting also ;)

http://cultivatedreef.com/

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
::There will also be two ATO that will be built at the DIY table and those will be raffled off as well.::

ATO DIY.jpg

Last edited:
This will be my first meeting, and I am a complete noob. Looking forward to learning and meeting.
This is me: please say hi when you see me, my name is Jen
me.jpg

Back