JBJ 28 Nano Cube

CoralJunkie

John
BRS Member
Just getting back into the hobby and im setting up a jbj 28g nano cube, I ordered the tank and got the stand free from drf..... the stand is broken and missing half of the hardware and the tank appears to be fine except the plastic piece that holds the hood on so you can flip it up is broken and I haven't added water yet.... bummer, I was looking forward to setting it up tonight, I made a phone call and spoke to some lady which was very nice and helpful, i'll keep you posted if they come thru, I ordered 25lbs of pukani from brs and could not wait to reef scape

i like the scape, i wish i could have done something very different but your pretty limited with a cube...

Bummer indeed. I bought one last year from them as well; the tank and stand were fine but the bulb (PC) was broken. They sent out a new bulb right away! So hope they take care of you. Did you also get the CF-Quad?

Which version did you get, intermediate or pro?

Otherwise, heat is a problem even with the LED's. I retrofitted mine with DIY LEDs and although it certainly runs cooler, it still runs too warm during the summer. I have a ReefAngel controller, so I use that to control a fan I have placed over the sump to cool it. If your house is climate controlled, then this may not be an issue. Mine is not, so the fan was a must on the 90° days.

I replaced the filter section that contained the ceramic rings with chaeto. I bought a cheap 3W 6000K LED light and socket off of Ebay. Grows chaeto very well! I wanted to keep SPS, so I added 2 Koralia 450 nano's. Lastly, I just bought 2 Maxijet 1200s to replace the stock return pumps. A little more flow and they run cooler. I haven't replaced them yet, but will do shortly.

Last edited:
Which version did you get, intermediate or pro?

Otherwise, heat is a problem even with the LED's. I retrofitted mine with DIY LEDs and although it certainly runs cooler, it still runs too warm during the summer. I have a ReefAngel controller, so I use that to control a fan I have placed over the sump to cool it. If your house is climate controlled, then this may not be an issue. Mine is not, so the fan was a must on the 90° days.

I replaced the filter section that contained the ceramic rings with chaeto. I bought a cheap 3W 6000K LED light and socket off of Ebay. Grows chaeto very well! I wanted to keep SPS, so I added 2 Koralia 450 nano's. Lastly, I just bought 2 Maxijet 1200s to replace the stock return pumps. A little more flow and they run cooler. I haven't replaced them yet, but will do shortly.

great, thanks a million, I just changed the scape a little I will post pics later

Back