JBJ ATO Sensors Algae Cleaning

nemodan

Non-member
Hi all

I had during the last 6 months a JBJ Ato with the sensors located in the tank. I do not have sump. During this time algae have grown around the sensor floating part and around the protecting case.

The sensors case are glued together to leave only a 1/4 of an inch between both. So my tank only fluctuates a 1/4 of an inch in water volume. It is a full sps 12 G tank so I adjusted the sensors distance to avoid big fluctuations.

Beside that I covered the sensors case with a plastic mosquito net to avoid any small snail enter inside the case and block the floating sensor (already happened). That net has also built some algae.

Would it be OK if I place the sensors in a vinegar bath ?

If yes , For how long ?

Any other suggestion ?

Thanks

No idea about cleaning but is there a way to shield it from light. Without light, algae will not grow.

No idea about cleaning but is there a way to shield it from light. Without light, algae will not grow.

This is a good point. I will think what kind of plastic I can use to wrap the sensors and let the water go in. Thank you !!!

Any other cleaning idea ?

They are all plastic correct. The float switches. If so vinegar should be fine. I have the tunze osmolator nano and it uses a float switch with the snail shield and in the manual it says to clean in vinegar ever few months.

They are all plastic correct. The float switches. If so vinegar should be fine. I have the tunze osmolator nano and it uses a float switch with the snail shield and in the manual it says to clean in vinegar ever few months.

Thank you !!!!

Back