June meeting with Matt Pedersen - Saturday June 30th 12-4

afboundguy

Acan's are inedible candy
Staff Member
BRS Member
The BRS is proud to announce that Matt Pedersen will be the guest speaker for the June meeting!!! The meeting will be sponsored by Pacific Sun LED Lighting Systems and they have been gracious to donate one of their new Triton LED fixtures for for the raffle :applouse:

That's right we'll be having a brand new top of the line LED lighting system to raffle off at this meeting :victorious: This is an amazing new light and more information can be found HERE

Pacific Sun LED Lighting Systems

Matt has been a marine aquarist for 24 years, and an aquarist for 29+. After spending time on every side of the aquarium industry (retail, commercial and private maintenance & installation, wholesale, hatchery), he currently considers himself a “professional hobbyist”. Most recently, Matt has currently spawned 23 species of marine fish, successfully raising 9 of them to date including one worldwide first (the Harlequin Filefish, Oxymonacanthus longirostris), as well as attempted another 6 invertebrate species to date (excluing those that tend to propagate with no special intervention). Most all of this was accomplished with less than 100 gallons of total working capacity, and all in closed culture. In 2010, Matt Pedersen was selected as the breeder of choice to work with the now famous “PNG Lightning Maroon Clownfish” from the SEASMART program, and chronicles the efforts to propagate this one-of-a-kind fish online at The Lightning Project.

Matt Pedersen is credited with starting MOFIB (Marine Ornamental Fish & Invertebrate Breeder’s Association) and has written for multiple aquarium-related publications including Coral, Koralle, Practical Fish Keeping, Marine Habitat, Reef Hobbyist Magazine and Reef Builders. Matt has spoken at numerous aquarium clubs and events from coast to coast. He currently sits on the MBI (Marine Breeding Initiative) Council, a project dedicated to bringing the concept of a unified Marine Breeder’s Award Program to hobbyist organizations across the country and around the globe. Matt believes that captive propagation is the one failsafe that ensures the long term viability of our hobby and industry if, or when, all other measures fail. In 2009, Matt was awarded “Aquarist of the Year” honors by both IMAC West and MASNA in recognition of his accomplishments and contributions to the marine aquarium hobby. Matt is a strong proponent of being a lifelong learner and open sharer of knowledge, knowing that every hobbyist and industry member has the potential to make a discovery or contribute in some great way to our entiry community.

P9020152.jpg

More up to date information on Matt's amazing lightning maroon clownfish project can be found HERE

Tentative schedule for the meeting (this schedule may change, check back to this thread for updates as we get closer to the day of the meeting):

Noon - 1 pm - Meet and greet/membership registration

1 pm - Food

1:15 pm - 2:15 pm - Matt Pederson presentation

2:15 pm - 4 pm - Fragswap mayhem/socializing/meeting cleanup AKA fun stuff :D

Reminder: we try our best to keep the meeting on time, but there are a lot of things that are out of our control, so the times are subject to change, do not take these times as gospel please. Check back to this thread for updates as we get closer to the day of the meeting.

So, again the details:

Where:
Framingham Elks
450 Union Ave
Framingham MA 01702

Directions

When: Saturday, June 30th 2012
Time: 12 PM - 4 PM

Last edited:
:tongue-new: Just a little something to get everybody's blood pumping :love-struck:

triton4_thumb.jpg

The raffle tickets will only be available at the June meeting in person sorry...

I wish I could, but I have a horse show to work and I'm leaving for a trip to Virginia right after thats over!

Having problems with phosphates? Well here's your chance to win some Elimi-Phos from Tropic Marin. We'll be raffling off some Elimi-Phos and Eilimi-Phos Longlife from Tropic Marin.

P2090002.jpg

One of each will be included in this month's raffle.

Make sure to keep an eye on this thread as we will be adding more great raffle items up until the meeting.

Gee guys I hope no one goes to the meeting on Saturday.
I know what you mean, if no one goes than I am sure to win that light!
I'm upgrading my system to a brand new 100 gallon corner tank and want buy at least 50 tickets.
That would be a great light for my new tank and at such a savings as well.
(oops I thing this was a PM)

I heard they are giving away free tickets to the Red Sox in Boston that same day. You should all go there instead... ;)

Back