Just saying Hi and looking for opinons on my set up.

Nick11486

Non-member
Hi i have been on the forum for a while never really posted any thing so this is kind of my introduction and looking for input on my set up, any info and recommendations would be greatly appreciated. For starters I have been into saltwater aquariums for around 7-8 years been thru highs and lows, from having to big of fish in a small tank, to hang on the back overflows getting blocked off and having my tank on the second floor over flow to the kitchen beneath the tank. Through all of my experience i now have...

27 gallon Marineland cube
Glass holes nano overflow 700 gph
Deep blue 10 gallon custom sump 4 chambers. filter sock area, filter media area, empty refugium/skimmer area and return
Ai vega with new controller
Vortec mp-10
800 gph return pump

Filtration- I have a filter sock that gets changed once a week, 30 or so pounds of live rock, and some seachem matrix in sump.
I do 6 gallon water changes around every 1 or 2 weeks
Live Stock- i have 2 percula clowfish and a yellow clown golby and 2 Gbta feed daily
Corals- frogspawn, torch, couple types of zoas, red mushroom, neon green tiped toadstool leather, Green star polyps, acans, orange plate, kenya tree

In the past couple of weeks I have noticed that some of my corals are very happy and growing and some are dwindling to nothing... just looking for input on my setup and maybe recommendations... thanks

Attachments

• Tank 1.jpg
    Tank 1.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 218
  • tank 2.jpg
    tank 2.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 192
  • tank 3 (2).jpg
    tank 3 (2).jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 197
  • tank 3.jpg
    tank 3.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 196
"2 Gbta feed daily"

Hope you're not feeding the BTAs daily.
They only need food every once in a couple weeks at most.
I never feed my rbta as I have halides.

Other than that the tank looks good.

Well I noticed that some of the Gsp are not opening up as much they are high flow lower light.. i had some clove polyps that just closed up and never came back high flow high light. and a smaller torch lower flow higher light that is closed up and has not come back out...

I probably feed the gbta's once a week if they take it... some times i find they they wont and I take the shrimp out if they wont take...

Some more pics of tank

Attachments

• corals 002.jpg
    corals 002.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 190
  • corals 005.jpg
    corals 005.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 181
  • corals 035.jpg
    corals 035.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 182
  • corals 036.jpg