Saying Goodbye to a fellow reefer.

lex_lutha111384

Non-member
I just want people to know that Joel Goehring has passed away. You guys knew him as "Joelg" He was my close friend, and a fellow hobbyist. He will be sorely missed. The reason I am posting this is because after he passed away he left his reef setup behind, and I am now tasked with trying to sell as much of his equipment and livestock as possible to help his family. I will be posting items in the for sale section as soon as i can. He was really the only one in his household that was really into this hobby, so having them keep it all and maintain it is just not possible. As for prices on things, i am not really sure but I know I can trust anyone on here for a fair deal. I am going to be getting a key from his son soon, so i can meet people there to do the transactions. For those of you that met him, you know how great of a guy he was and how much he cared about his aquariums. I still need to do a bigger inventory on his stuff, but i know he has a lot. A Bullet PM skimmer (200 psi) BRS Dual reactor, calcium reactor, 2 AI sols, a kessil a150 ocean blue, 3x 40 breeders, 2 gold stripe maroon clowns, 2 clarkie clowns, sally lightfoot crab, yellow watchmen goby, 4' 6 bulb T5 light (aquatic life), anemones, not as much coral as he had before, but still a decent amount.. He just unloaded alot of his sps too Dong, so he has alot of LPS. Like chalices, plate corals, frogs, a few sps here and there. As you can see there is just alot of stuff. So if you are interested in buying anything, I would like to try and setup a day where we can meet at his house and we can figure out prices as we go. Again, all the $$$ from his things, is going to his family. Thanks for looking.

Damn, really?!? I only met him a couple times, once at his house to help set up his Apex, but he was a great guy.

Nice of you to help out the family with taking down his stuff.

PS - If you do this on a weekend let me know and I can come over and help. Will drop FamilyX off at our Aunt's house down the street.

thank you so much because to be honest i am not very familiar with the Apex system. The other issue is i cant get on his computer because of his password. So my plan is to get rid of all the livestock first. That way we can just do a tear down.

Sorry for the lost. I'm sure I speak for the forum that we will do what we can to help ease some of this off the family.

I am very sorry to hear this and Joe was a wonderful guy.

Sorry for the lost. I'm sure I speak for the forum that we will do what we can to help ease some of this off the family.[/QUOTE

for sure. He has some nice stuff, i just need to get over there and take some pictures and stuff to post.

Thanks Dong, i really dont know the best way to go about selling all this stuff. Any suggestions would help. I guess i can start by listing all the fish and corals in the critter section.

I can help, lets find a time to get together and we can went over the stuff.

That is awful news to hear. I met Joel once or twice before, very nice guy. If there is anything I can do to help, please do not hesitate to ask me.

thank you so much because to be honest i am not very familiar with the Apex system. The other issue is i cant get on his computer because of his password. So my plan is to get rid of all the livestock first. That way we can just do a tear down.

If you need access to his comp, use ultimate boot cd and clear the password.

Btw, this is the second member passing in a short time. Sad as always but way worse this time of year. Condolences to you and the families.

Tragic. My thoughts and Prayers go out to his family and friends. My condolences to you as well sir.

Sucks to hear, met Him a few times, good guy, thoughts and prayers to you and his family. Good to see good people helping others. I'm kind of far away but if there is anything I can do let me know

I'm very sorry to hear this news. If I can be of any help let me know

I'm very sorry to hear. I've been to his house a few times starting back when I had cichlids he had them and helped me out. Then when I started in the reef hobby he got me started on things. Many corals and a small bag of cheato to get me started that I now trim 2 stuffed freezer bags every week. He was a great guy with much knowledge. Sad to hear.

Back