Saying Goodbye to a fellow reefer.

Wow, what a shame. I just met Joe 2 weeks ago, i bought a halide light off him, and we ended up having a good long conversation about not only this hobby, but life itself.
He was a very nice guy to meet, what a damn shame.

Wow, what a shame. I just met Joe 2 weeks ago, i bought a halide light off him, and we ended up having a good long conversation about not only this hobby, but life itself.
He was a very nice guy to meet, what a damn shame.

You got that right. Guy was unbelievable. He called me right after you left telling me "I sold that Halide!"

Thoughts and prayers to his family and loved ones. These things are never easy. Sorry for the loss of you friend.

thanks guys, im in the process of setting up a time next weekend to meet a couple members already. So i'll see what they want and if anyone here is interested in anything pm me and i will hold it. I know i still need to list all the inventory. I will get over there to do so asap.

That is very sad to hear. Thanks for posting something as well. It is always a tragic thing to lose a friend. I do not know what the particulars in regards to Joel's passing. I do remember meeting him several times at meetings through the years and he was always a pleasure to talk with.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family during this difficult time. It is good of you to step up and help the family deal with his reefing equipment.

At the January meeting we will be having two cards to sign for those of you wishing to express your condolence to Joel/Joelg and Dave/DBLeite families. Dave/DBLeite just recently passed just before the holidays.

Thank you for sharing this information and keeping the particulars discrete.

It is like I have said on several occasions. We are a community with a common thread. You may start out as acquaintances trading, which usually grows to building something together then eventually turning into a friendship.

I know Dave for a long time and he had been bravely battled cancer.

I would like to thank the group for all the kind word about Joel Goehring. Both of his sister appreciate it.

Enjoy your day.

KG2

I never had a chance to meet him but I am sorry for anyone who has to deal with a loss . It is the worst thing in life to deal with. My thoughts and prayers go out to any of his close fiends and his family. Please keep me posted when you do sell his equipment since I am building a new setup and I will be honored to help his family out!! Also wondering if there is anyway we can set up a seperate fund raiser to help with anything the family might need?

I never had a chance to meet him but I am sorry for anyone who has to deal with a loss . It is the worst thing in life to deal with. My thoughts and prayers go out to any of his close fiends and his family. Please keep me posted when you do sell his equipment since I am building a new setup and I will be honored to help his family out!! Also wondering if there is anyway we can set up a seperate fund raiser to help with anything the family might need?

thanks alot. I am going to meet his son there on sunday, if you want to come meet us there you can check out anything that might interest u. I think we will be getting rid of the livestock that day, so any equipment breakdown might be possible that day. I have some people interested in certain things but there is still alot that is available. PM me and let me know. Thanks

I just want to throw a HUUUUUUUUGE thanks out there to Dong, and MrX. There is no way in hell I could have done what we did at Joels today without you guys. As for what is left for sale (which is a lot) I am going to post it all on the Equipment for sale thread tomorrow. Instead of posting things individually, I took a photo of pretty much everything, and i will be putting onto one post. I would like to take everyone who ends up being interested in some stuff and all meeting there together. The sooner we can get this stuff cleaned out the better. I dont have time right now to post it but as soon as i get home tomorrow, i will. Thanks everyone, and a big big thanks to MrX and Dong.

Glad I could help Lex... you're a great friend to Joel and his family for helping them out like this.

BTW... I ended up bringing the Damsel and Starry Blenny that we found at the end to the LFS. The Blenny is too big for my tank; both fish were pretty dazed/out of it. I don't think the Hawkfish is going to make it. I have it in a Petco pet carrier in my tank now. It's still breathing, but not really moving. I think it's fins are damaged as well.

The pistol shrimp is in the tank on the opposite side from my current pistol/goby pair. I tried to find it a goby friend while at the LFS but they didn't have any. Maybe next week.

Thanks so much for taking them. Im glad that shrimp found a home, i could stair at that thing for hours. Its amazing how clever those thing are. I just posted most of the equipment. Could u by any chance add to it with those photos you took?

Thanks so much for taking them. Im glad that shrimp found a home, i could stair at that thing for hours. Its amazing how clever those thing are. I just posted most of the equipment. Could u by any chance add to it with those photos you took?

Sure can. I'll add a couple other items too (you'll need to put some prices).

Back