Kent Turbo Calcium

lex_lutha111384

Non-member
I have a 60 gallon cube. My cal is at 350, and I'm trying to get it up to 450. The directions on the jar do not apply to me. I don't have an ATO. Any help on the best way to dose this stuff would be greatly appreciated. Its the dry stuff. The little white balls. Thanks

Don't use that.... Get the 2 part liquid reactor.. Tat way you will not have alk issues... Better yet, come by and pickup the 2 gallons of b-ionic I have. They are brand new never opened...... and with the brs dosing and new reactor, I'll never use the b ionic.

I'd never use anything made by Kent unless you like adding glucose, sugars and other additives to your tank. I use and trust SeaChem. I have been using their products for almost twenty years..

what is wrong with the kent product,
it shoud be calc chloride...........

what is ur alk, make sure ur alk and calc are not out of balance before dosing

fwiw I would dilute in a gallon of water (RODI)

check bulk reef they will tell u how much based on water volume and levels

This will tell you how much you need to use to get the desired change;
http://reef.diesyst.com/chemcalc/chemcalc.html

I've never heard anything about sugars in any ca additive. Kent and brightwell like to slap pretty lables on simple things and then quadrouple the mark up, but sugars???

And second to what frank said, check alk and mg before you get into adjusting things.

Sugars would promote bacterial growth and yeast. Highly unlikely.

I use Turbo Calcium in my frag tank. Works great, Ca is always ~420. I agree the marketing of these products make us think one is better than the other. Were talking elements here not pharmaceuticals. Ca in one bottle is still Ca in another bottle. Doesn't matter how pretty the label is.

Back