Krystal Aquatics -- Auburn MA

smpross

Non-member
Well,
I had the day off today and decided to take another trip to Krystal Caves in Auburn. I ended up buying a Beautiful Fox Face for $32. That is a great price! I love going in there and receiving Fantastic service, friendly smiles, and terrific advice. I asked about a new coral glue that they were carrying and they told me the TRUTH! The lady said that she had not tried it yet, but that the company (Boston Aquafarms I think) tends to make very good products. She could have just said "Yeah, its great", but she told me the truth.

I will continue to send my business their way and hope many of the BRS members do the same! (Boy, I think I am sounding like an advertisement. But in truth, I am just happy to have a quality LFS in the area! You guys in New Hampshire, RI, Fallriver, and Boston have no idea have good you have it!)

Scott

Last edited:
OOPS! Your right. I did mean Krystal Aquatics. What can I say... I am off work today so my brain is in relaxation mode. Just a note though... 52 people viewed the post before anyone noticed.

MODS--- Please change name of subject of thread to Krstal Aquatics.

Last edited:
Just picked up a Crocea Clam there today for $32. BTW, They have boxes of IO salt there. Roger indicated that he would sell them for $34 a box. You should probably call him first to verify.

Scott

Just picked up a Crocea Clam there today for $32. BTW, They have boxes of IO salt there. Roger indicated that he would sell them for $34 a box. You should probably call him first to verify.

Scott

Are the boxes the 160G boxes or the 200G boxes?

I really like the place.
But I must say that they are lacking terribly in CUC.
I would love to walk in there and see a few tanks crawling with a nice selection of snails,crabs and shrimp.

They are still are lookingv for a better wholesaler for cuc. He said that their current vendor is too expensive.

Scott

They are still are lookingv for a better wholesaler for cuc. He said that their current vendor is too expensive.

Scott

I figured that might be the problem.Didn't get a chance to chat with Roger on my last visit.They had quit a selection of fish in QT getting ready to go into the 4sale tanks.You can tell right away that they're very particular about keeping things pest free.:)

just popped in today for the first time....nice folks! clean store! They had 3 or 4 double rows of tanks (55gals?)...so my guess is 12 or so tanks of sw fish and 3 or 4 tanks of corals. Nice softee/lps selection...not a huge amount of sps but they are still ramping the store up. Decent prices and good friendly service...def will visit again.

great store

I have been to the store a few times although I am new to the hobby and ai went there for my boyfreinds tank before going for myself the staff is always helpful and freindly and answerthe million questions I have

Stopped in there Sunday afternoon.
There's a bunch of candy coral frags for $10.
They fragged a big piece up.I took one home.
The staff is always pleasant and knowledgable.

I stopped in today and the place looks completely different than it did a few months ago. More tanks, more dry goods, more livestock. Everything was healthy and all tanks were clean as a whistle. Dry goods were priced appropriately IMO.

Just got back from Krsytal again. He has a great selection right now on corals. Roger also told me that they are getting in 85 boxes of IO salt. So anyone needing salt, you should be able pick up a box for $34 dollars. As always, Roger and his staff are Super Friendly and Super Knowledgable. Looking around at the prices, I can tell you that they appear to be 30% cheaper than other stores in the area.

Scott

I stopped by KA a few weeks ago and the place does have potential. The prices were very competitive for a LFS. But (a very big but!), there were a few issues with the fish that I saw. There were 2 adult Imp Angels that were covered head to toe in ICH, and some other fish with ICH in lesser amounts visually. Roger was not there at the time of my visit and if he reads this post, I would highly recommend some sort of quarantine system in the back for such occurances with disease. Like a said, the place has potential, but unhealthy livestock in the tanks can be a turnoff for some people.

Just stopped in there again yesterday. Picked up a new Heater Controller and diamond Goby. The fish looked Fantastic. Roger has definately continued to add new products to his inventory. I love going there and being able to get honest advice, great service, at awesome prices. All I can say is it is so worth the Trip!

Scott

I stopped in Thursday.
The service is always great there.
Every week there's a new product going up on the shelves.
Lots of fragging stuff in.Hope things can work out,this store wants to become a sponsor.

watch out what you bye there, they are friendly and have a good selection, but on more than one occasion i had pointed out to them flatworm problems in their tanks...

Back