Krystal Aquatics -- Auburn MA

I don't know of a single store that can say they have never had flatworms! The size of the uv sterilizers that they are running seems to resolved the problems. Basically, what I am saying is that your advice is sound advice for any store.

Scott

Finally got my act together and drove down.

I think I have a new main fish store !:D

Small but nice selection! Clean as a whistle.

Dry goods prices better than any LFS I've seen.

Fish and coral prices good.

Freindly......and closer than New Hampster!

I got a cute target mandarin and a pygmie angel.

oh...yea.....there is probably a tank with flatworms.......but I already have 'em so I dont care.

Last edited:
Finally got my act together and drove down.

I think I have a new main fish store !:D

Small but nice selection! Clean as a whistle.

Dry goods prices better than any LFS I've seen.

Fish and coral prices good.

Freindly......and closer than New Hampster!

I got a cute target mandarin and a pygmie angel.

oh...yea.....there is probably a tank with flatworms.......but I already have 'em so I dont care.

I go there every Saturday it's a ritual for me and my wife. It's a nice store which will be expanding in the summer when it slows down a bit. VERY friendly service!!!!! Good prices on all items. Healthy fish, and healthy corals. As far as flatworm, if you treat all incoming coral (which should be done anyway) you shouldn't have a problem. I've been dipping all of my corals before adding them, and I haven't had any problems at all! I've been checking for flatworm on the glass when I go there, and haven't seen any...but that doesn't mean it's not there. But I LOOOOOVE the store and I can't get enough!!! :D

I was in there this evening.
Nice store, great service, but they had a green slime problem in many tanks.
No doubt they'll fix that soon.

I was in there this evening.
Nice store, great service, but they had a green slime problem in many tanks.
No doubt they'll fix that soon.

Yeah, I noticed that on my last couple visits as well.

Did you see the mammoth horseshoe crabs? Those things are huge!

We took a ride today to check the store out. Nice clean shop good selection, pricing was great and friendly service. well worth the trip.

Went in today and picked up a nice copperband they have have for 6 weeks eats aptasia and bloodworms. Nice price, great service. Nicole

Last edited:
Went in today and picked up a nice copperband they have have for 6 weeks eats aptasia and bloodworms. Nice price, great service. Nicole
Keep a close eye on it, I was in there last week looking at it and it was covered in white patches on the body and fins. Didn't look good. Hopefully it is coming around.

I was in again today. The place was picked clean... seems as though the word has gotten out :D

Sounds like Thursday is the best day to visit since that's when they get their shipments. Roger said they're acquiring the 1,800 sq ft space to the rear of the store soon and this will double their capacity, and should allow them to keep much more livestock in the store.

And once again, it was a truly enjoyable experience :)

Keep a close eye on it, I was in there last week looking at it and it was covered in white patches on the body and fins. Didn't look good. Hopefully it is coming around.

I saw the same spots as Mike.....hope you are QT-ing

Everything gets Q-T for our new tank , fish ,corals no matter who we get stuff from. you can never be too safe:) He told us that the fish had some spots for weeks about a week ago it suddenly went away but that don't mean that its better.

we must just miss you all that come in on weekends:) he told us he was expanding:eek: nice folk love the store

steve & nicole

Sponsorship

Speaking of Krystal Clear Aquatics they were saying that they send in their sponsorship money in August and havent heard anything else about it. Just passing the word through that they are wondering whats goin on. Someone might want to call them

They mentioned it to me today as well. I was there today... God do I love that place! Got a Coral Beauty fish for 20 bucks!

Scott

I have been working with Dave Mcreeferson to get this sponsorship problem resolved.I'm guessing the owners will be getting a call soon.
I also stopped in there Saturday and made a purchase.Always prompt and friendly service.

That is the store right on route 12 in same building as a dry cleaner or something right? Kinda close to the Masspike interchange?

Back