LFS around?

joe0813

BRS Member
Just wondering what LFS are still even around. I know of Underwater World (Taunton, Ma) Lovely pets (Quincy, Ma) and tropic isle (Framingham, Ma)

There s some place in Watertown that kind of sucks now and the owner just opened a new place in quincy which sounds promising.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Someone new on the Forums looking to start-up in Auburn, MA.......hopefully can take the place/fill the shoes of KCA.
Heard of another small place in Worcester, Lucky's, but seem to be more focused on Freshwater.

Someone new on the Forums looking to start-up in Auburn, MA.......hopefully can take the place/fill the shoes of KCA.
Heard of another small place in Worcester, Lucky's, but seem to be more focused on Freshwater.

Luckys Worcester isn’t worth the trip. I stopped in last weekend and didn’t have crap for saltwater.

I've been somewhat out of the hobby the past year or so and it's sad that a few in my area have since closed. At one time, I used to be able to visit 3 in Salem NH, one in Tewksbury and another in Wilmington. I'd make a day out of it! But now only ones in my area are Jays in Salem and LTR in Wilmington.

The Fish Nook is in Acton. The rest that I know about have already been mentions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We used to have a fish store map on the forum of all the places in the area, but I can't find it anymore. If anyone stumbles across it, I'd be happy to keep it updated.

There's a couple of good stores in Rhode Island, if you ever come this way.

I've been somewhat out of the hobby the past year or so and it's sad that a few in my area have since closed. At one time, I used to be able to visit 3 in Salem NH, one in Tewksbury and another in Wilmington. I'd make a day out of it! But now only ones in my area are Jays in Salem and LTR in Wilmington.
Oceans in Glass was by far my favorite. Clean place and healthy fish. It's a shame that it closed. I don't go to Jay's. I don't think he treats the livestock well. It's bad enough that we confine them in our living room, at least treat them as good as possible.

You guy dont count Petco as a LFS? They do saltwater fish and other saltwater livestocks and they often sells the $1/gal.
I started my hobby after my first visit to petco

I will stop by petco sometimes.... depends on the people running the saltwater department. Ive seen some awesome saltwater tanks at the Pembroke petco because the guy running it had saltwater fish tanks. Then on the other hand ive seen some nasty run down ich invested tanks from other petcos

I stop by the petco in Leominster. But they have been fighting ich for the last year. The guy who runs it now treats one side with copper and the other side has his inverts so he has told me to specifically buy from the right wall only. I tend not to count them myself as I prefer to give my business to independent business people. I use petco for freshwater and some supplies when on sale. I use the people on he forums and mom and pop shops for fish and coral.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the petco Pembroke guy was named Cody. He was solid. Not sure where he landed.

I like Aquatic Creations in Amherst, NH. The owner Myk is a really good guy. Has a lot of colonies at a good price not just frags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just checked out quincy aquarium.... that is all haha. Lovely pets has a nice selection of fish. Tropic isle has a tremendous selection of frozen foods at a great price. I did the loop today..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Back