Liams 180 Gallon project

Liam,

What are you doing with the old Luminarcs? Full size? Interested in selling?

Hi Rob.I will be keeping one of them for my frag tank.One will be available but a few folks have asked for it already but nothing is solid i will keep you posted:)

Liam,

I'm going to jump in the way back machine here, but how easy/difficult was it to get your hand in and out of the tank with that canopy on? I ask because I'm debating going with an open top or building a similar canopy. I'm starting stand construction tomorrow.

Jeff

Access is not too bad as long as you build the canopy high enough to lift the lights a few inches when you need to get an arm in..
Another option would be to mount the reflectors on drawer slides and design the front of the canopy so they can slide out.
I plan on doing something similar on my 325 with 2 pairs of draw slides per light unit to allow me to slide each light independently out in front of or behind the tank depending if i need to get in the tank from the front or the rear..
I have found in the past it is not useful to slide all of the lighting out of the way as one unit because then you can't see into the tank:D

Yeah, little update on this. The tank is now a sump and the stand has a new tank on it. Neither of them have water yet.

Yup, that's right - they are both EMPTY ------ STILL ---- taking up room in my house....

To answer Jeff, the base is 32 1/2 inches high. There is trim, making the base appear 35 1/4 inches high.

Did I mention that it is STILL EMPTY????

heh, if i had a 180 gallon reeftank ready to be set-up, the last thing i would be is lazy.

We can switch tanks if you'd like =).

Mine is all set-up and ready to go for you.

Back