Liams 180 Gallon project

Attachments

• DSCF2514 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF2514 (Medium).JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 600
Everything is looking great Liam! Nice job so far! How load is the dual beckett injectors? I find I had to build a homemade muffler on my injector on my PMS bullet skimmer. Nice craftsmanship on the woodwork too!!

Everything is looking great Liam! Nice job so far! How load is the dual beckett injectors? I find I had to build a homemade muffler on my injector on my PMS bullet skimmer. Nice craftsmanship on the woodwork too!!

thanks Andy,the becketts are pretty loud,they come with little cotton ball mufflers on them.Most of the noise is coming from the mak4 running it but its in the basement so i am not to worried.
If you need a closeup of how they do their mufflers lmk and i will take a pic for you.
I am thinking of putting the meters on there so i can monitor my airflow to the becketts.

a pic would be great Liam!! Right now I have a hose going into a 1 gal vinegar jug....works but ugly as sin.

thanks Andy,the becketts are pretty loud,they come with little cotton ball mufflers on them.Most of the noise is coming from the mak4 running it but its in the basement so i am not to worried.
If you need a closeup of how they do their mufflers lmk and i will take a pic for you.
I am thinking of putting the meters on there so i can monitor my airflow to the becketts.

here ya go Andy,just a threaded bushing off the needle valve with a drilled threaded cap and a cotton wool ball inside.

Attachments

• DSCF2516 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF2516 (Medium).JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 602
that's true...mine either...might have to make one and give it a shot...looks much cleaner than what I'm doing...thanks

Why didnt you use the luminarcs that you have? I switched from that type of reflector to the luminarcs and was more then happy with the amount of light I got.

Dave the muffler is on the venturi intake.
I actually ordered 2 dwyer flowmeters so i can fine tune and monitor the flow through the becketts.

Ray,now i have the restrictions on a canopy size and access were an issue so decided to go with the PFO reflectors

How about using the mini luminarcs??

It was a consideration but at the time they were on intergalactic BO as i am sure you were aware so time was a constraint as was money and i wanted enough room in the canopy to allow for good orientation of VHO's.
It may be something i consider in the future when i have time to tinker with the set up.

"muffler"I made the same thing but I found out that the cotton collects moisture then blocks air flow even more.my solution to this noise problem was a down draft skimmer. I never have to mess with it or adjust it.liam the tank looks great she's going to be a beauty.

Back