Lighting for a 92g corner - 1x400w lumenarc ok?

jimrawr

Non-member
I am thinking of going from an open top to a canopy. Right now I have a 2x250w fixture, and I am thinking of doing 1x400w with the lumenarc 3 reflectors.

Is that sufficient lighting for the 92g corner tank? I am worried that with only one light in the middle of the tank there will be dark spots in the corners

my buddy had a pretty adequate lit 92.. he lit it with a 400 watt, 2 150 watt HQI's in the back corner, and a couple t5's for actinic..

while it was wattage wise maybe a bit of overkill, it did him well... but at the same time his 400watt wasn't in nearly as efficient of a reflector as the lumenarc. Personally, i'd go with the 400 watt MH, and maybe add a few t5 actinics if at all possible.. only having one bulb and one spectrum is a real downer in my experience..

You think something like this would be good?

LT-T-5%2020retro-kit%20201.jpg

http://www.aquacave.com/36-two-lamp-t5-retro-kitbr-by-coralvue-1145.html

i am upgrading to a 92 corner tank and was planning on using 2 -250w with 4 t5 for supplement. I think that should be enough light.

How did the 2-250w work for you? did it feel a bit weak and it why you want to go to the 400w with lumenarc reflector?

i am upgrading to a 92 corner tank and was planning on using 2 -250w with 4 t5 for supplement. I think that should be enough light.

How did the 2-250w work for you? did it feel a bit weak and it why you want to go to the 400w with lumenarc reflector?

Well I am going from an open top with the unit mounted with legs on the tank, to a canopy. So my old unit wont work anymore, and decided to go with one 400w and the lumenarc to have a nice spread. 2-250 works well IMO and will be fine for you.

My 92 had a squamosa clam in the sand with 1 250W and 2x24T-5. I also had excellent SPS growth in the top half of the tank, and LPS and zoas did fine everywhere

Back