linckia starfish

I've (personally]) never had long term success. I've seen many a Reefer give it a good try and odds are generally not in your favor. I'd love to hear some success stories.

I've had a blue linckia in my 180gal reef for more than 2 years. Seems to be doing well. Doesn't seem to eat nori. What it really likes is my purple sponge. Seen here climbing up another sponge.

Attachments

• Blue Linckia Starfish.png
    Blue Linckia Starfish.png
    983.3 KB · Views: 79
I've had a blue linckia in my 180gal reef for more than 2 years. Seems to be doing well. Doesn't seem to eat nori. What it really likes is my purple sponge. Seen here climbing up another sponge.
Is it eating the sponge? Or are they just best friends?

Not sure. With the purple sponge it is very obvious. The starfish eats the tissue and leaves transparent holes behind. But this branching orange sponge doesn’t seem to show any ill effects.

It eats the purple sponge?

My tank is about 70g. Been up for 4 years but it worries me that their is nothing I can really do if the linckia isn't doing well. Some animals you can be more hands on and get live food or supplement with extra work to increase survivability. I'm getting this would be mostly a game a chance...

I’ve been feeding Tetra and Nanno for a few months, feel like I’m seeing more sponges and small filter feeding worms etc. but hard to be sure. Kind of hoping this just improves ability to keep more diverse stuff alive in the tank long term.

Back